Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

So, anyone excited about anime adaptation coming up in July (those that check Upcoming Anime thread should already know about it )? I might check it out and later on start reading this if it turns out to be quite good (the manga version are most of the time better than their anime adaptations).

I haven't watched a new series since Nekomonogatari and Bakuman (I didn't even finish the first season).

I need to catch up on a lot of good ones... well, that's the problem.

Either I have grown "old" or there really aren't that much of good animés now.

Good animes... hmmmm, well there were/are some good, but if I have to mention some that are/were beyond good lately from my head, it's going to be Stain's Gate (it's quite likely their best series so far),

From the good ones (since 2011):
    - Oreimo - it's also interesting, good characters, without any incest actually (well the series is coming to a close so I'm not sure about that ),
    - Kore wa Zombie desu ka and it's continuation was a good laugh and an interesting take on the Zombie, Nninja, Vampire, Necromance, Mahou Shoujou and the like themes ,
    - Tiger & Bunny - it's also nice, it seems like it is the anime that made boom the trend for: "being a hero is just another job that needs sponsoring and financing", of course there were mangas (Ratman, One-Punch Man and the like) with similar themes, but as for anime I can't think of any,
    - Usagi Drop - I heard that it is quite a powerful series (haven't watched it yet), the most interesting comment I have seen about it was something along the lines of: "Usagi Drop, it's the best reason to have kids",
    - Natsume Yuujinchou and it's continuations - it's like almost each episode could have been separated from the whole series, yet still would be good and teaching something, it is quite something,
    - AnoHana - quite heavy, but I have seen heavier stories, still was good,
    - Shakugan no Shana - if you haven't watched it already :p,
    - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and it's continuation - this is also a good laugh, but also a good story,
    - Fate/Zero - it was made better and more accurate than Stay Fate/Night, highly praised,
    - Jormungand - similar to Black Lagoon (by the same author), but with less bitching, more realistic, frankly I prefer it over the other one, certainly good,
    - Accel World - I prefer it over SAO,
    - Hyouka - good, but not for everyone, a lot of thinking, observing and analyzing is needed for it, bases strongly on character interaction and their personalities,
    - Zetsuen no Tempest - I guess that it was rather good than simply nice,
    - Hataraku Maou-sama! - oh yeah, this is certainly interesting, another interesting take on Demon Lord vs Hero,
    - Oregairu - it's similar to Hyouka, but the main character (as well as others ) is more wicked and twisted, so it makes the series even more awesome (I guess I would say that this one is better), again not for everyone,
    - Valvrave the Liberator - oh now this, yes this is quite something, it was awhile since there was any good Mecha Anime, this is basically Code Geas (by the same author) in space, with Vampires/Succubus, lots of plot twists,
    - Shingeki no Kyojin - highly praised, awesomely animated and the story, well I read manga about it, so the story is certainly at least good, though I haven't watched it yet myself .

Hmmmmm, well this is about it , for the good series that is, there were also nice ones, average, bad and WTF series (you like them, or not, basically randomness that turns into awesomeness or worthlessness depending on the viewer ).

Of course I haven't mentioned Monogatari (a new season is coming up ) or Bakuman series, since you already mentioned them :p. I must admit that Monogatari series are one of the most interesting supernatural-vampire series that I have watched, read or heard about... now that I mention it, I remembered The Record of Fallen Vampire (my favorite Vampire series up to date)... and isn't it about time they continued Ghost Hunt (there is already Ghost Hunt 2, not to mention that they still need to finish up the first series...)?

Well anyway, did I mention that the adaptation of A Town Where You Live starts with Tokyo arc ?

Tokyo Arc? What the?

That's the problematic part of Haruto and Yuzuki, right?

I thought it was good to have an animé since the manga will have some time before it ends.

The Anime of this series is coming out on July the 13th this Saturday I can't wait for some group out there to fansub it asap after it's release.

Last edited by StryderHyriu; 07-14-2013 at 01:23 AM.