Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think Edgar is Bak's father, since he's a "Chan" like, Bak Chan... lol.

Also, Kanda has been cranky his WHOLE life. I was sort of expecting more of a, good happy life, til something tragic or traumtic happens, and then he gets all anti-social and cranky... but no. He's ALWAYS been cranky. lol.

I'm quite pleased that we're FINALLY getting into Kanda's past, tho I'm still not sure how I feel about Kanda being "made" rather than birthed... I just don't know. But, it explains a lot about him. Next months should be good.

To be honest, Edgar looks exactly like Allen + he was introduced like someone quite important to the story, and as you know Allen's parents are unknown... Though it might just be my imagination...

(my point goes to him being Allen's father)
    Last edited by t3h20r; 12-31-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Another reason I do not believe that Edgar is Allens father is this: It states in the anime/manga at some point that Allen was "abandoned" because of his "deformed" arm. If his parents were working for the order, in the science department no less, as someone trying to get the innocence to be compatible with people, WHY would they not know Allen's arm was innocence? So it doesn't really make sense for Allen to have had connections with someone who should know what a parasitic innocence looks like. Thus, I still believe that he's Bak's father... again, his name is Chan as is Baks... and they were the "families" that were involved, Bak was apologizing to Kanda a few chapters back, for his family's involvement... soooo... yeah

I believe the only person to state that was Allen. He was a baby at the time obviously; so it's more of an assumption on his part since he wouldn't be aware of the situation.

Here's the page: http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/3/15/

I still think he's Edgar's son. They look too much alike and the play on names seems too suspicious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    MHAUAHAU how can u not love him? XD He's so damn interesting XD I think I love him even more.

And YES finally some memories. I just want more but we've to wait another month x_x is it just me or 30 pages are not enough? I cannot wait to see what happens next, will Alma destroy all the section?
    Oh, I definately love him. Kanda's been one of my favorites since the Ark arc. haha. From the very beginning I've wanted to know what Kanda's deal was, with his super healing and all that stuff. It intrigues me greatly. So, this is definately exciting.

And no, 30 pages is NOT enough... But I'm passing the time by by coloring in the manga chapters, haha. Just another months time and we'll know a little bit more about our dear Kato. (Kanda)

Did Kanda successfully synchronize with the Innocence in this chapter? Maybe the lotus has to do with the Innocence once he synchronizes. The guy Zhu was talking to him about it way back when, and he was the one who made Mugen (I think >.>) so yeah.

agrees. no wonder not many people stand up against him even though he's a prick... (we still love you even you're a prick Kanda~! ) *gets stabbed*

but for the Edgar being Allen's father part...
    I thought Edgar's Chinese (or at least Asian)
    and Allen's British....
    but the time line's alright I guess... Allen being adopted around 7...
    hmmm....
    I guess I have to re-read the whole thing again....

Quote Originally Posted by htsz1011 View Post
    agrees. no wonder not many people stand up against him even though he's a prick... (we still love you even you're a prick Kanda~! ) *gets stabbed*

but for the Edgar being Allen's father part...
    I thought Edgar's Chinese (or at least Asian)
    and Allen's British....
    but the time line's alright I guess... Allen being adopted around 7...
    hmmm....
    I guess I have to re-read the whole thing again....
    His name is Edgar Martin. That sounds fairly british to me. His nationality hasn't been disclosed; the only thing we know is that he works at the Asia branch and that his wife is quite obviously asian.

Also I'm kind of confused about the "Chan" in the middle of his name. It's the only name he and his wife share yet it's in the middle of his name. Does that mean his wife made him take her name? <_<
    Last edited by blindSharingan; 01-07-2010 at 03:11 PM.

I'm just not jumping to big conclusions, like them being Allen's parents, until there's more information, besides looks, to justify that they could be. It logically makes more sense for it to be Bak's relatives, whether parents or not, since they're names include "chan". I'm not saying flat out it's not possible, but there is also no logical proof that they could be, just yet. I mean... they're all drawn by the same artist, some characters do look simular, because it's her art style... like, looking back on the chapter when Allen met Mana, I don't remember the number off the top of my head, but Allen looked like a little Kanda, which made me wonder if they were siblings, apparently this is not the case, as he was birthed from a whole in the ground(?). So going by LOOKS does not always pan out. So... I'm going to wait before playing with the idea of them being Allen's parents, because with the little information we have, there's no possible way anyone of us could be right or wrong. We just simply don't know.

theres another problem with kandas age kanda was born//made the size of a 7 year old boy so how long did he marinate in that pod hole