Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    it is a very difficult question...
    it has to do with the culture of every country.
    in my country is illegal.
    thats why almost every teenager had smoked once...

i believe the illegal matter is that make marijuana sweet!
    most people like braking the laws and rules!

in my opinion it should be legal because it is less harmful than alcohol and what is legal is not sweet!
    i envy holland!

the legalisation of marijuana would be conducive to the control of said substance. the thing about buying pot from your average sketchy dealer is that the stuff is always laced with something or another. in my city (montreal), pot tends to be laced with pcp. pcp's a pretty terrible drug that does some pretty serious damage to its user. as a teenager, i'd done pcp for awhile, and to this day, i still have foggy spots in my mind which i can absolutely attribute to pcp use. if marijuana was legal, people would have access to less chemical-heavy weed with lower thc levels and nothing hidden in it (be it pcp, coke, or whatever). when you get 'clean' weed, it's really not all that bad for you.

now i'm going on 22, i moved out of my mother's house years ago, i work and i attend school, and i even find the time to take on interesting internships from time to time. i'm a responsible person who, for the most part, has her act together. i'm even able to save money to travel regularly. but i still smoke weed from time to time. if i'm attending classes, getting to work on time, making time for friends and family, and taking care of the rest of my responsibilities, what's so bad about me smoking a joint on a friday night while playing videogames with my friends? i treat marijuana the way i treat wine. i enjoy both and use them in my leisure time recreationally. and i know that many others view pot in the same light. its legalisation would simply make its acquisition both easier and safer.
    Last edited by Paper Tiger; 09-09-2007 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heihouka View Post
    I don't really think it should. Mostly retards use marajuana, and a high retard is way more annoying than a not-high retard.
    What an ignorant statement...

If cigs are legal then so should Marijuana be. Now if cigs were illegal, I guess we could have a debate...

Not that I've smoked marijuana, but I'm just saying based on the facts....

Marijuana should be legalize indefinitely, proactively, and incocnucliveslely 100 percent. It grows on this earth, naturally. It's here for us. Weed is good. Weed is from the earf. It's for me.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    meh, either way I'd still get my ass kicked for using it. Besides if people use it regardless of legality then it'd just be easier to legalise.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by sinsama View Post
    What an ignorant statement...
    Well why hello thar! I'm pleased to see that you have absolutely no ability to tell when someone is not being serious. Congratulations!

Christ.

Legalize, regulate and tax it.
    Marijuana mostly comes from foreign markets. Why should we give our money to drug dealers in foreign countries. They make millions of dollars a month to buy their freedom and power in their respective countries. I'm NOT saying marijuana funds terrorism, but it's funding bad people when it could be circulating back into our own country, for example education, health care, social security. If weed was taxed, there is a very good chance they could lower other taxes.
    Cigarettes are the number one killer in the world, alcohol and alcohol related deaths and accidents (drunk driving, murder, waking up next to a fat chick) are very high as well. They are both legal, and yet marijuana is not. You don't hear about people getting stoned and raping their neighbors dog while wearing a clown suit, they are to stoned to leave their house.
    If it is legalized, there will be a lot less drug dealers because most of them deal weed. They should also make dealing harder drugs even stiffer punishment. This will give kids a another reason to stay in school and work hard.

i liked cultofdecay's point of view on this topic. there is absolutely nothing wrong with a joint here and there if you do it responsibly.
    Sure jesus loves you, but does he swallow?

Quote Originally Posted by abacusmaster View Post
    Legalize, regulate and tax it.
    Marijuana mostly comes from foreign markets. Why should we give our money to drug dealers in foreign countries. They make millions of dollars a month to buy their freedom and power in their respective countries. I'm NOT saying marijuana funds terrorism, but it's funding bad people when it could be circulating back into our own country, for example education, health care, social security. If weed was taxed, there is a very good chance they could lower other taxes.
    Cigarettes are the number one killer in the world, alcohol and alcohol related deaths and accidents (drunk driving, murder, waking up next to a fat chick) are very high as well. They are both legal, and yet marijuana is not. You don't hear about people getting stoned and raping their neighbors dog while wearing a clown suit, they are to stoned to leave their house.
    If it is legalized, there will be a lot less drug dealers because most of them deal weed. They should also make dealing harder drugs even stiffer punishment. This will give kids a another reason to stay in school and work hard.

i liked cultofdecay's point of view on this topic. there is absolutely nothing wrong with a joint here and there if you do it responsibly.
    u make some good points...
    it would be interesting for the someone to fund research on this whole matter so it can be settled once in for all with substantiated accounts and statistics.. stuff like that
    i think people find this more as a moral issue though
    ppl think stuff like: if we legalize this, then what's next?
    quite a few already think everyone has gone to hell with allowing alcohol and cigarettes to be legal... just look the prohibition stuff that went on back in America during the early 1900.. and oh yes.. the crime was so high that it spawned big business much like that of the drug lords today

sooo
    what do we do...
    perhaps commercializing marijuana could make it a more sanitory and safer feel good drug... and.. would it be much worse then cigarretes and/or alcohol?.. would ppl shift from those products to pot?.. or would it just add more flame to the fire of all the crap that results from alcohol and cigarettes???

like i said. not enough research has been done here to suffice to draw any conclusions.

also, put into consideration all the evidence in this thread so far
    they are all isolated first hand accounts
    it is unlikely everything has been covered here: benefits and negative consequences alike
    furthermore, what do these first hand accounts measure to when you look at a group of around 300 million people... the effects of decisions made are far more amplified then single first hand accounts.. any error will result in enormous problems

so.. tell me what you all think about this then..

edit: when i say "substantiated accounts" i really want to say documented accounts from an unbiased third party

its been proven that marajuana causes schizophrenia.

I know; smoking wrecks your lungs and alchole ruins your liver; but pot destroys your mind.

I know of a guy who smoked alot of pot when he was a kid; now he has schizophrenia, and he has voices in his head telling him to kill his wife and children.

sure; if everybody smoked it responsibly, then there wouldn't be a problem. But there will always be a huge amount of people not taking it responsibly. All leagalising would do is make it more accesible for people.

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club