Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Should marajuana be legalized?

This was a topic in debate class last year.so do yall think marajuana should be legalized and why?

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

I don't really think it should. Mostly retards use marajuana, and a high retard is way more annoying than a not-high retard.

No.

You know there is a city in California called marajuana city. =D

More at
    My Deviantart

Retired Administrator
    I vote legalize. Why? Places where it is legal have the lowest youth user rates in the world. Also. I am from Canada. The General population 30% use or have used marijuana.

It isn't nearly as harmful as your lovely dare would want you to believe.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

omg! lolz! i never thought i would see this thread before

answer: i am not sure
    an enormous amount of crime comes out of the drug trade and legalizing some of these drugs would at least cut in half all crime and prison populations... yet there also would have to be a lot of regulation like you can only smoke it in your house
    big corporation similar to alcohol and cigarette companies would pop up everywhere and the price would go down a lot too
    bbbbuuuuttttt, will legalizing pot or even other drugs have repurcussions? most likely yes.. more will O.D., worker productivity may go down a lot

to put this into historical perspective, look at all the problem china had with opium..
    the rulers of that day got fed up with it and tried to get rid of opium eventually

personally, i would be okay with it if it made financial sense... but like i said, there is not enough evidence to show legalization would be benefitial

Retired Administrator
    For the record you can not overdose on marijuana nor have there been any proven long term affects besides decreased lung capacity. And that is from smoking anything. In fact smoking cigarettes is more detrimental to your health than smoking marijuana.
    PGP Key Here

One major concern about marijuana is its possible effects on young people as they grow up. Research shows that the earlier people start using drugs, the more likely they are to go on to experiment with other drugs. In addition, when young people start using marijuana regularly, they often lose interest and are not motivated to do their schoolwork. The effects of marijuana can interfere with learning by impairing thinking, reading comprehension, and verbal and mathematical skills. Research shows that students do not remember what they have learned when they are "high".

well its not the best thing for the mind. i can tekk you when youre high you cant focus.
    and getting high is overrated. i mean you feel all light headed but your mouth gets dry and you feel hungry. i have activated my own sharingon before.also the girls dont really like it.
    the main thing woofcat said about the whole user rate thing is that once its legal in some places kids might not find it as atractive because there not doing something they feel is cool anymore cause there not breaking the law and getting that feeling like yeah im doing something bad

it does have effects on the mind,short term memory and your lungs
    Last edited by gdupninja; 09-08-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    For the record you can not overdose on marijuana nor have there been any proven long term affects besides decreased lung capacity. And that is from smoking anything. In fact smoking cigarettes is more detrimental to your health than smoking marijuana.
    Marijuana is considered to be a "gateway" drug. Those who take marijuana typically will start taking, or even mixing together, other drugs as well. These other drugs might be heroins, meth, or e. The latter three drugs are much more well known for O.D.

edit: yah what gdu says

Retired Administrator
    Yes, if you try to learn while high you will have a difficult time. But the same argument can be used against Alcohol. If you are drunk you have a difficult time walking.

Also, your quote about it being a gateway drug is semi a cause and effect debate. Yes, any user of a "hard drug" has used marijuana the % drop off rate is insane. Very few people that smoke Marijuana move on to harder drugs, and to say if they did not smoke marijuana they would have not done other drugs is a hard debate to be had.
    PGP Key Here