Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Retired Administrator
    re-uploaded the images.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

i might try this, i just got photoshop cs3, and i got some time on my hands, thanks

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

First Try:

Second try:

Raw version of second:

The step by step guide was very useful. Also very lucky that blud used PS CS3 and that's what I have. Those two images are killers and 17 more pages to go. Is there anyway to get it done faster? So every image I have to do the very first step in the guide up to the last?

Just a question for typesetting. How do I put the additional font I downloaded from the net in my photoshop?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle View Post
    Just a question for typesetting. How do I put the additional font I downloaded from the net in my photoshop?
    Fonts have to be installed into the computer, and PhotoShop will pick them up. Go to Fonts under Control Panel, and drag your new fonts in. (Or, File >> Install New Font.) It'll be available in PhotoShop the next time you open it.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    Fonts have to be installed into the computer, and PhotoShop will pick them up. Go to Fonts under Control Panel, and drag your new fonts in. (Or, File >> Install New Font.) It'll be available in PhotoShop the next time you open it.
    Thank You.

Just wondering how do you know if you overleveled? I'm having a tough time figuring whether I did the lvling right or not.

Raw Version:

Finish product?

To me it seems fine but when an experienced editor/cleaner check it, they see lots of mistakes.

It's a fine clean overall, basics covered, blacks black, whites white.

There are obviously some mistakes which will always happen ^^

I'll just point out a few stuff from the 2nd/middle panel
    The 1st thing, which I'm sure u don't need to be an experienced cleaner to notice is, the motion blur of the arm, cleaned page doesn't have that.

2nd, The area where u've removed the sfx is not properly redrawn even though it was just a line.

3rd, the robe in the raw looks so smooth, but in the cleaned page it's all messy and bogged.

4th, the box/container on the left is supposed to be gray(being made of wood), u've turned it white.

5th, U've made every shadow, be it ground, clothes, they are all too dark and there's more shadow than there was supposed to be. Makes the image look very messy.

There's a lot more, but I don't wan't to discourage u now, do I ;P

In conclusion, I'd say the raw looks far better than the cleaned page(NO OFFENCE) lol

Ouch but thank you that was encouraging. I need to know what's wrong with the picture and you pointed it out. Really appreciate it.

I think I eliminated some of the mistakes but I couldn't get the texture of the robe.

Now this looks almost flawless.
    Compare the earlier clean and this one side by side and u'll see how good this is.
    For the grays, u can play around with the gray slider while leveling.
    But it isn't needed really, it's very good the way it is now.

Very good clean with no artificial feel. But I have to say that this is a very very good raw and doesn't need any work done on it at all.

If u really want to test urself, u should try the weekly mag raws, those will need a lot of time and hard work to look good.

a very late question.,what should i do after i crop the images, and already finished burning them?
    i mean to make the omage turn back to a full page

Kiero Mi Hanime Gratix™ RebootEDC's Avatar
    I'd like to state a couple of things I got to know though harsh experience:

1. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER scan in grayscale. ALWAYS scan in full-colour mode and afterwards, in your photo edition software, perform the grayscale reduction. Because image gets very blurred when scanning in grayscale.

2. When scanning yellowish pages it's better to pump up brightness and contrast in order to get rid of most of the noise. Then you could adjust curves in your photo edition software.

3. It's impossible to get rid of all the noise, so you must reduce it. The best software I've found to do it is Paint Shop Pro and its "Reduce digital noise" tool. Without blurring the image you'll be able to remove all those white on black points and the black on white ones with a couple of clicks.

4. When normalizing the histogram, use the curves tool, in PSP or Photoshop, but try not to darken or lighten the image, just clip smoothly the edges of the histogram. If you stretch too much the histogram tones will appear very different from the originals.

Take a look at this:
    Script for PSP XI.

(Yeah, massive black clipping)

Curves leveling in Photoshop.

Scanned raw.

And its filtered counterpart.

Results were far from perfect but I really had hard times despeckling all that noise from those yellow pages.
    Last edited by RebootEDC; 04-23-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    Kiero Mi Hanime Gratix™

Proudly filling the Internet with Spam Gratix™ since 2005