Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    former mod
    alright, mister Puma D.
    ...i don't know if it's the fastest way, but i do it like this:

after you've written the text, you gotta rightclick on the Layer with the text...
    if the layers arent't showed, than go to window -> layers
    when you've rightclicked it, a menu appears...click on "blending options"
    there you can change the layer style...
    search for "stroke" on the right...it's at the bottom...
    activate it...
    and if you click on it, than you can change the color and the thickness of the sorroundning color...
    finished...

I'm like Blud...everything i can with PS, i've found out by myself...or teached myself...and i'm still more of a beginner
    still learning every day something new...

but this thread is just great...i would've saved a lot of time if i had this tutorial from the beginning

Just AnotherGeek
    One question, what font are you guys using for Typesetting? I noticed it not AnimeAce anymore and it looking quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by r3born View Post
    One question, what font are you guys using for Typesetting? I noticed it not AnimeAce anymore and it looking quite nice.
    ERROR 73: THE INFORMATION YOU REQUESTED IS TOP SECRET

I'm sure a few people know the font, good for them. We changed from the most used fonts such as Wild Words and AnimeAce to a different one to be a bit original on our part.

Please respect our desire to not divulge our font set to the public. Thank you.

Just AnotherGeek
    Well can't do anything about that, but good job selecting that font. It super nice ^_^

nice guide!
    thats wut im looking 4!

I've read your guide and I think it's really good, but I can't seem to get the Neat Image plugin to work. I don't get how to use the crack, and every time I try to use the plugin for Photoshop, it says that I need to register it. Some help?

[I've used the registry thing already and it doesn't seem to work, but Neat Image does work if i use it as a standalone instead of a plugin, but it becomes so much more work.]

the problem i have now is why i cant move the sliders of chrominance channels under "noise levels"and "noise reduction amounts"?

This might sound like a wee bit of a stupid question, but i'm alright at cleaning but i can't translate, do scanlators have to translate aswell as clean, or just clean the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Otogakage View Post
    This might sound like a wee bit of a stupid question, but i'm alright at cleaning but i can't translate, do scanlators have to translate aswell as clean, or just clean the manga?
    No, not neccisarily. At Binktopia we mostly use public translations, which get posted on MangaHelpers. There's only public translations for most popular and currently publishing shonen and seinen series though, so if you want to do a series that isn't really popular and perhaps not publishing, you'll have to find yourself a translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Zero View Post
    No, not neccisarily. At Binktopia we mostly use public translations, which get posted on MangaHelpers. There's only public translations for most popular and currently publishing shonen and seinen series though, so if you want to do a series that isn't really popular and perhaps not publishing, you'll have to find yourself a translator.
    Ahh, ok thanks Mass! ^_^