Greetings MangaShare User!

As you may have noticed, our website was down for an extended period of time on Friday, September 7th, 2007. This was due to a series of events according to our data center, starting from a massive amount of traffic trying to get in for Naruto 369, to an apparent DDoS attack, and finally a hard disk failure.

Our data center acted very slowly and uninterested when attempting to resolve these issues. They chased their tails trying to reboot the server for the first 6 hours, finally taking action by running hardware diagnostics at 12:11 AM CST, roughly 9 hours after the initial downtime. The server eventually came live at around 9:00 am.

ThePlanet is a very reputable provider, and one of the largest in the world, but they disappointed us greatly during this problem. As a result our forum members were frustrated with our lack of accessibility all release day.

We'll be accelerating plans put in place 2 weeks ago when our first crash on release day happened, to move to a different datacenter that offers a pricey but necessary 2 server load balanced solution to handle any number of fans foaming at the mouth for the latest chapter.

I'm not one to beg for donations or completely bury the site with ads/popups to make up costs. I've always covered whatever was needed on top of the donations out of my own pocket ever since bsmanga.com (losing nearly $1000cnd to date) without much complaining. It would be really awesome though if more of you guys pitched in to make up the monthly costs (which will be going up again shortly) in running a large forum reliably with all the weekly manga we scanlate here. Every dollar is accepted and appreciated, we can't give you any perks and incentives except a nice "Valued Supporter" icon on all your posts, but we know if you make a donation it'll be to support the site & service, not to gain anything in return .

To learn more about donating, click here.

Thank you for your patience during our outage.