Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    sorry i dont remember that i dont think it is possible but perhaps it is said somewhere and i dont remember it can you present some manga evidences
    It was explained to Ichigo by Ryukia that good hollows have their souls cleansed and bad hollows go to Hell. But I shall find the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    It was explained to Ichigo by Ryukia that good hollows have their souls cleansed and bad hollows go to Hell. But I shall find the pages.

well that proves that if a hollow is cleansed it goes to soul society not that it becomes a shinigami and now we are talking about vasto lorde who are menos and i dont think that menos can be cleansed because they are many hollows fused together.also if a hollow is cleansed it goes to ss as a soul and then it is not a vasto lorde turned to shinigami it is different when a hollow breaks its mask and turns to a shinigami from that

well that proves that if a hollow is cleansed it goes to soul society not that it becomes a shinigami and now we are talking about vasto lorde who are menos and i dont think that menos can be cleansed because they are many hollows fused together.also if a hollow is cleansed it goes to ss as a soul and then it is not a vasto lorde turned to shinigami it is different when a hollow breaks its mask and turns to a shinigami from that
    Meh I'm not gonna discuss that so sure I guess.

yes any person but not a hollow so if they were vasto lorde they could not have turned to shinigamis without the hougyoku
    But you are aware this doesn't prove your theory that Aizen and co are hollows? And yes, hollow souls can be cleansed too. Shinigami are there to maintain the balance between the dead and the living, this is why shinigami do not regard Quincy highly because as opposed to shinigami who always kill a hollow by destroying their mask, thus freeing the tormented spirit, Quincies completely destroy the immanent body, hence, the soul also residing within the hollow.

Aizen and co appear as shinigami, not as hollow. Furthermore, both Gin and Tousen are shown to have a background unrelated to being a hollow.
    Could very well just mean that the vasto lorde is shattered into the many souls it originally contained.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    But you are aware this doesn't prove your theory that Aizen and co are hollows? And yes, hollow souls can be cleansed too. Shinigami are there to maintain the balance between the dead and the living, this is why shinigami do not regard Quincy highly because as opposed to shinigami who always kill a hollow by destroying their mask, thus freeing the tormented spirit, Quincies completely destroy the immanent body, hence, the soul also residing within the hollow.
    I thought it was the weapon and not the way they were destroyed that either wiped them out or cleansed them? Cause Ichigo always slashes away everywhere on a Hollow or completely cuts them in half and it looks like their being cleansed
    A pie in the sky?

and if aizen gin and tozen are vasto lorde how tozen can be a vizard that theory is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I thought it was the weapon and not the way they were destroyed that either wiped them out or cleansed them? Cause Ichigo always slashes away everywhere on a Hollow or completely cuts them in half and it looks like their being cleansed
    I know, I think Kubo dropped the idea, but let's see if I can dig up where it says that you must destroy the mask to free the soul properly:

It's in tankubon 1, page 104:
    Rukia: Didn't I say killing them with one blow from behind was the objective? To minimize the chance of injury... But... There's another reason to it. One blow to kill them, so you never learn the hollow's human identity!

Here also, same tankubon, page 160:
    Rukia: To reap hollows is not really to kill them. Reaping merely frees them of sin. The zanpaku-to cleanses them so they can enter Soul Society. That is the reason Soul Reapers exist.

So it's not necessary to kill them by destroying the mask, but from a tactical advantage it is, as revealing the human identity can cause hesitation which might mean death (as when Ichigo was unable to kill Kakei the first time).
    Last edited by LeaT; 12-16-2009 at 12:00 PM.