3 21.43%
  • So So

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ^ I think that the big flat part is where the Jyubi is standing, while the pointy one is growing because the alliance members are gathering there.

Nice chapter.

It's confirmed that Naruto will become a Hokage... even if he looses . Looks like every person will see it's own dream, because fulfilling dreams of all people in one world, even an illusionary, is simply impossible when they contradict each other.

Well, the sensor orb ripples with the chakra they sense. I'd imagine that the huge lopsided bulge is the Juubi.

Now that the stage is set, it's probably time to cut to Sasuke/Orochimaru for a couple of chapters. Then it'll cut back to Naruto, and we'll see the tattered remains of the Ninja Alliance, with piles of corpses everywhere. Then the Kages show up, minus Tsunade.

I'm starting to think that Sasuke's role in this battle is going to be to bring Naruto the key piece of knowledge he needs to re-divide the Juubi and re-seal it away. He'll learn it from the people that he and Orochimaru are going to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think it'd actually be the opposite, where Obito tries to kill Sakura/Hinata and Naruto stops him, thus proving that he won't become "like Obito." Naruto has already made the statement "I won't let any of my comrades get killed." If he fails in this now, he'll prove Obito right. So like it or not, Naruto really can't go through the same pain that Obito went through; he basically has to succeed where Obito failed and protect those dear to him, and in doing so somehow also prove that he can hold true to his ideals in the face of adversity.
    Well, no, it's not so much that he would have to prevent Sakura from dying--in fact, she would have to die, and Naruto would have to THEN carry on with his goals, dreams, and attitude. THAT is what would prove he's better than Obito, because THAT was where Obito failed. Kind of like a Jesus thing--if you can't face and OVERCOME the same temptations (or pain, in Naruto's case) that man often faces and SUCCOMBS to, then how can understand and save that person?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Personally, I'm getting really frustrated with Naruto always winning arguments by dumbing them down to his level. The whole exchange in which Obito said that everyone would eventually become "like him" and Naruto retorting with "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm going to be Hokage!" is just bad argument. It totally distorts Obito's meaning; Naruto may as well have said, "I'll never be like you; I have blonde hair and wear orange, you have black hair and wear darker colors." In terms of Obito's argument, whether or not Naruto becomes Hokage has no bearing on whether or not Naruto becomes "like him", and that much is painfully obvious. If Naruto doesn't say something to actually address Obito's arguments, I can't take it seriously when Naruto's "argument" inevitably wins out.
    This is funny AND true. Good show!

UNLESS.......Naruto was saying "I'm going to be Hokage" in a representative sense. Of course when Obito said "like him", he wasn't suggesting that everyone would eventually get friendzoned to death, then gouge out an eye and walk around trying to blow up babies. So maybe Naruto was suggesting that he would become the opposite by taking a position that requires a deep love of your fellow shinobi and a passion to see them all protected and happy.

But that's assuming Naruto is smart enough to talk in metaphors :-P

Also, I was DYING to see Naruto tell Madara about how this is the second time that a snobbish, douchebag Uchiha has belittled his proficiency with Kage Bunshin :-(

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Well, no, it's not so much that he would have to prevent Sakura from dying--in fact, she would have to die, and Naruto would have to THEN carry on with his goals, dreams, and attitude. THAT is what would prove he's better than Obito, because THAT was where Obito failed. Kind of like a Jesus thing--if you can't face and OVERCOME the same temptations (or pain, in Naruto's case) that man often faces and SUCCOMBS to, then how can understand and save that person?

This is funny AND true. Good show!

UNLESS.......Naruto was saying "I'm going to be Hokage" in a representative sense. Of course when Obito said "like him", he wasn't suggesting that everyone would eventually get friendzoned to death, then gouge out an eye and walk around trying to blow up babies. So maybe Naruto was suggesting that he would become the opposite by taking a position that requires a deep love of your fellow shinobi and a passion to see them all protected and happy.

But that's assuming Naruto is smart enough to talk in metaphors :-P

Also, I was DYING to see Naruto tell Madara about how this is the second time that a snobbish, douchebag Uchiha has belittled his proficiency with Kage Bunshin :-(
    I think when Naruto uses "I'm going to become Hokage" it's not that he's trying to dumb down the argument, he's trying to say that regardless of what happens, he will continue fighting to achieve his dream and goal, and not abandon it or take the easy way out like Obito and Madara want to do. Obito, and Madara, want to live in an effortless world, where you don't have to work to accomplish your desires. Naruto, on the other hand, has never been afraid to work hard to accomplish his dreams.

New fuuton? This should be interesting

Carefully observe what the Fox is doing here:

Spoiler!

SIMILARITIES?

Another thought. You know, the entire Shinobi Alliance gathering together around Naruto is a dangerous double edged sword. Madara or Tobi have no need to aim, they should just fire off some blasts in the general direction of the Alliance, and they are sure to kill a couple thousand of them at least.

This gathering can only be useful if somehow the Shinobis can pull together to for some manner of effective group defense or group offense, otherwise, they are just providing Madara some fun Target practice to try out his Brand New Toy Juubi.
    Last edited by paulbee; 11-28-2012 at 07:41 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post

- I'm not sure of the translation at the end there...trying to hide? a super jutsu.....what?
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/22054384/20 <-- there, you've got much better translation of the whole chapter on mstr

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    well, not to count the alliance out. You have Shikamaru's shadow binding and startegy. You have Shino's chakra sucking bugs. Altogether you have 16 gates that could be openned (14 of which could be released w/o death). Sakura could super punch the Jyubi in the balls, I'm sure that would stagger it. Ino already did something. Plus, Ten Ten hasnt even shown up on the scene yet!
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Ten ten is there, right behind Ino.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    ^^oh, well in that case, sh!t just got real!!!!
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid