• Gaara

37 77.08%
  • Tie/Cant decide

7 14.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    To close to call who would win.

Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Oh I get that, I'll admit I did forget about his stretching and stuff fighting Sasuke...

All I am saying is: People think Neji will lose cause he has not shown an ability to use ranged, but since Naruto beat Gara without using (as opposed to having) ranged attacks, its possible Neji can do the same.

Naruto barely beat Neji with the Kubi powers (on top of that had to use some tricks) and beat Gara (before his major transformation) without the kubi powers, and without using ranged attacks. All I'm saying is don't count Neji out. I'm sure he is much stronger now as is Gara and Naruto.
    Naruto used a lot of things to beat Gaara that Neji doesn't have. Naruto he used a ton of shadow clones and used them as projectiles and such. Naruto never fights gaara without his bijuu but Sasuke does and the only thing that allows Sasuke to penetrate Gaara's absolute defense is Chidori, which Neji doesn't have. That was also way back when Gaara's defense was very slow.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/249/16/

As is shown in Gaara's battle with Deidara, he has corrected that weakness, Deidara comments on how fast Gaara's defense is.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    Naruto used a lot of things to beat Gaara that Neji doesn't have. Naruto he used a ton of shadow clones and used them as projectiles and such. Naruto never fights gaara without his bijuu but Sasuke does and the only thing that allows Sasuke to penetrate Gaara's absolute defense is Chidori, which Neji doesn't have. That was also way back when Gaara's defense was very slow.
    Naruto's clones didn't work against Neji (not that it matters), and he had to get close to Gara to use them, he didn't range at all during the first part of the fight. As I recall hiis clones punched and kicked Gara which was still melee attacks. Also he didn't use the kubi powers until the very end of the fight. The point of the matter is, Naruto didn't use have to use the kubi or ranged attacks until Gara called out the one tails full power.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/249/16/

As is shown in Gaara's battle with Deidara, he has corrected that weakness, Deidara comments on how fast Gaara's defense is
    ?
    I'm sure he has gotten stronger (he has had 3 years to practice), but its not like Neji has been sitting around all day doing nothing either. The real issue is Neji has only really fought with himself since he came back.
    Last edited by drgnx; 12-12-2009 at 07:32 AM.
    Spoiler!

Naruto's clones didn't work against Neji (not that it matters), and he had to get close to Gara to use them, he didn't range at all during the first part of the fight. As I recall hiis clones punched and kicked Gara which was still melee attacks. Also he didn't use the kubi powers until the very end of the fight. The point of the matter is, Naruto didn't use have to use the kubi or ranged attacks until Gara called out the one tails full power.
    Well my point about the clones was that he uses them to attack from all angles and uses them to get around Gaara. He also threw his bodies like projecties, uses them as a distraction, etc. That is all stuff that Neji can't do. Neji owned up on Naruto at first because Neji is a monster at close range and because his Byakugan makes a surprise attack almost impossible. Also, Neji's heavenly wirl makes a group attack totally useless.

The problem is that against Gaara all those techniques aren't going to be nearly as effective. Neji is badly matched against Gaara because Gaara can defend against almost all of Neji's attacks and Neji needs to get relatively close while Gaara can fly above him and attack continuously. Neji can dominate most characters because as soon as they get up close he has many ways that he can attack them and his defense is also excellent because it damages anyone who is near. With someone like Gaara though that stuff doesn't help so much because Gaara doesn't use Taijutsu he almost always attacks from a distance with sand and he can do almost anything with it. Against Gaara, Neji would have to use up most of his chakra just defending and trying to get up close.

?
    I'm sure he has gotten stronger (he has had 3 years to practice), but its not like Neji has been sitting around all day doing nothing either. The real issue is Neji has only really fought with himself since he came back.
    I agree, I am just saying that Gaara's only major weakness before was that he could not keep up with high speed opponents. Now that is no longer a problem. He is far more equipped to deal with that type of situation now.

While I am sure that Neji has improved, he probably hasn't changed his fighting style, he is still primarily a close range fighter. It is true that we haven't seen Neji fight much but Gaara still has the advantage of being a long range fighter. As Kakashi explained, someone who specializes in short range combat is at a disadvantage against some who's forte is long range.

Naruto can Tank Amaterasu
    gaara would win.

neji isn't anywhere near fast enough to blitz gaaras sand defense. the speed that gaaras sand moves at now is fast enough to block an amaterasu at pointblank range. there is noway that neji is faster than amaterasu. he also lacks attacks that would pierce gaaras sand. and gaara can also fight in the air where neji has noway to reach him, because neji lacks ranged attacks.

this is really a stomp in gaaras favor.

I get what you're saying artifice, I never believed it would be an easy fight. Just that's its not impossible to win against him without ranged, this was the only real point I was trying to make. Though, yes, its going to be harder now, than 3 years ago (but that would include fighting anyone). Was not to act as proof Neji would win.

The main problem here, is we have not seen enough of what Neji can do now, and and I agree, based on what we have seen, its not that impressive.
    Spoiler!

I get what you're saying artifice, I never believed it would be an easy fight. Just that's its not impossible to win against him without ranged, this was the only real point I was trying to make. Though, yes, its going to be harder now, than 3 years ago (but that would include fighting anyone). Was not to act as proof Neji would win.

The main problem here, is we have not seen enough of what Neji can do now, and and I agree, based on what we have seen, its not that impressive.
    Hi, I'm new. I also have an opinion.

There must be a reason that Neji was the first Jounin from the Konoha 11. He probably improved drastically.

That being said, his fighting style hasn't changed, and I can't see him getting anywhere near Gaara.

Seeing how Gaara can fly I don't see him getting near Gaara either.

You're marginalizing my points too much. =P

Yes, I don't think Neji can fly, but Gara floats by manipulating his sand. This goes back to my first statement that if Neji can someone disrupt this flow, he might stand a chance. He has been shown to send chakara through others attack when he fought the spider guy. If he could do something similar to Gara's sand it could prevent him from floating, which means he doesn't need to fly.

And yes this is speculative, but I don't think its too far fetched. In terms of proof this is going to be one sided argument, because we haven't seen much from Neji.

edit: Ok I will add this, Gara could do something like he did kimimaro and crush him in sand...
    Spoiler!

Ok I will add this, Gara could do something like he did kimimaro and crush him in sand...
    I agree, once Gaara gets a solid grip it's all over. Neji just doesn't match up well with a ranged fighter like Gaara.

P.S. The idea of Neji pounding sand had me doubled over.
    Last edited by Bigbens42; 12-12-2009 at 05:58 PM.