Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    it's not that he is overrated, it's that kubo starting to fail at this manga

If you want to be a smart guy its fanfic and not "fan fic" so I spelled it wrong by adding a t.
    Spelling doesn't really have anything to do with it, I was just pointing out that any other source mentioning Ichigo's powerfulness does not apply to your original point.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Spelling doesn't really have anything to do with it, I was just pointing out that any other source mentioning Ichigo's powerfulness does not apply to your original point.
    It wasn't supposed to be about my original post. It was supposed to be a joke which every picked up on cept you.

THE ESPADA WILL RISE E S P A D A's Avatar
    There are way to many opinions and arguments relating to this topic. Im surprised in reading in to the responses. None the less as the main character and the story funny enough falling back on him, what else can the animators do to not bring in Ichigo as many times as possible. But yeah that's my opinion in the subject.
    The time has come to destroy the village of the leaf.

Ichigo suffers from a terrible Deux Machina (actually Kubo's Machina) condition. He will defeat or be defeated as Kubo's think is better for the story (even against the storie's best interest), the limits of his power doesn't repond to a inner logic or established tacit rules (most of them at least). Thats why is more interesting the gotei captains' (and some subcaptains') combats.

Ichigo is weak he could not even defeat a single enemy using his own strengths, its either the help of his nakama or the help of his inner hollow.

Kubo fail in this manga. From the start its like he contradicts every logic he has done in the chapters

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-MAN View Post
    Ichigo is weak he could not even defeat a single enemy using his own strengths, its either the help of his nakama or the help of his inner hollow.

Kubo fail in this manga. From the start its like he contradicts every logic he has done in the chapters
    He's not contradicting any logic. Its just that there are so many variables to determining the outcome of a fight in the Bleach universe, it comes off as inconsistent especially when regarding the whole "power levels" issue. Kubo usually creates circumstances to even out the power differences between opponents. Personality and disposition are also huge factors.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    He's not contradicting any logic. Its just that there are so many variables to determining the outcome of a fight in the Bleach universe, it comes off as inconsistent especially when regarding the whole "power levels" issue. Kubo usually creates circumstances to even out the power differences between opponents. Personality and disposition are also huge factors.
    Just like the real world. Can you imagine that? How preposterous of Kubo to make winning in Bleach a product of multiple things other than "power levels"!

EDIT: Maybe it's not realistic enough. Kubo should include more factors like hydration, amount of rest, respiration control, altitude, alcohol intake, presence of pop-idols at fight-side and occurrence of sexual activities within 24 hours pre-fight just to make it more realistic.

So after taking a good look at the OP for the first time, an overrated Ichigo is not really the issue being discussed although the word 'overrated' is thrown in there. Its more to do with Ichigo being shown as just plain weak. The whole OP is just saying what most of us already knew. Ichigo by himself, hasn't been enough against any opponent following the SS arc. Even Vizard Mode is barely enough to get by (excluding Super Hollow Mode 2). Probably his most even fights in the whole series came against Byakuya (SS) and Grimmjow (HM). So I was focused on 'overrated' when the context of the post has nothing to do with it.

His fight with Renji was a balanced one too.