Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    YES!!! THANK YOU!!! *does the "someone gets my point" dance*

@genesis: I rofl'd at that. Hard.
    Heh, it's the truth though. About the dumbest shiz I've seen posted in a while.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Are you implying that there is another more accurate rating of Ichigo aside from Kubo's? Is this "accurate rating" by any chance also done by Yoruichi?
    I mean when someone says overrated one can interpret in different ways. One can interpret to mean that the fans have such a high regard for Ichigo and treat him as if he's a god, similar to Hitsugaya's situation.

@Hagane. you're welcome!!!!
    "Once the threads of fate are tangled, they cannot be undone" R.I.P Kikyou

Quote Originally Posted by iBankai View Post
    I mean when someone says overrated one can interpret in different ways. One can interpret to mean that the fans have such a high regard for Ichigo and treat him as if he's a god, similar to Hitsugaya's situation.

@Hagane. you're welcome!!!!
    Yeah, but Kubo isn't just a fan. He writes the series. And "overrating" something involves rating it something better than how it's supposed to be "rated", a rating done by a greater authority.

Saying that he overrated his own main character means that someone has more authority than him over his manga.

What? Did Kubo make Ichigo seem better than he really is? I don't really get how the author can 'overrate' his own main character. If anything, Kubo has made Ichigo look weak. As pointed out in the opening post, Ichigo barely got through most of his fights, even losing multiple times to the same enemy before finally beating them. Where is the 'overrating'?

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    What? Did Kubo make Ichigo seem better than he really is? I don't really get how the author can 'overrate' his own main character. If anything, Kubo has made Ichigo look weak. As pointed out in the opening post, Ichigo barely got through most of his fights, even losing multiple times to the same enemy before finally beating them. Where is the 'overrating'?
    In the fanfict is you were paying attention

THE ESPADA WILL RISE E S P A D A's Avatar
    ichigo to me is starting to get abit boring and yeah is way to over-rated but oh well, he is the main character to the story so yeah.
    The time has come to destroy the village of the leaf.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    he kinda pissed me off when he became another typecast goku but i wouldn't go so far to say he's overrated

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Decidedly Undecided
    So far the score is...

People who agree with what I'm saying:iBankai
    People who disagree with what I'm saying:...Everyone else.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    In the fanfict is you were paying attention
    Uh, except in the term "fan fic", we have the word "fan", so that means it must be the fan(s) that overrates him, not Kubo.

So we are back at square one, and I have to go with afro_thunda in this one. If anything Ichigo is presented as measly weak, and has been for the past years. That the other characters in the series have faith in him is another thing entirely, but that's not what Hagane was arguing for which made Ichigo overrated, since he never mentioned such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Uh, except in the term "fan fic", we have the word "fan", so that means it must be the fan(s) that overrates him, not Kubo.

So we are back at square one, and I have to go with afro_thunda in this one. If anything Ichigo is presented as measly weak, and has been for the past years. That the other characters in the series have faith in him is another thing entirely, but that's not what Hagane was arguing for which made Ichigo overrated, since he never mentioned such a thing.
    If you want to be a smart guy its fanfic and not "fan fic" so I spelled it wrong by adding a t.

Spoiler!

Anyway as I said in my first post he isn't overrated. He admits this as the author wanted him to.