Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Great Chapter! Waited a long time for this one. Though this chapter was kind of on the goofy side but good either way.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    Yeah that was great XD

I've two questions:

1. Are the 14th and the Earl ''real'' brothers? I mean, he was talking about the Noah's family ties in generale or they are really brothers?

2. Kanda said Alma is dead o.O Then, Alma was not the person he was searching for? Or he was just pretending and wanted to be cool?
    I think it's probably someone else...because if Kanda thought Alma was dead I don't think he would say that he was searching for him...and him saying it just to sound cool doesn't fit with his character for me; I don't think he cares that much about what people (namely Allen, who was the one he said it to/around) care about him lol.

So I guess there's someone else? Or maybe Hoshino-sensei just made a mistake DX

Quote Originally Posted by cholie View Post
    Arg....everything make no sense.

What I'm confused the most is whether Allen IS the 14th himself or the 14th implant memories into him? If Allen is purely born as the 14th, then wouldn't everything Cross said go to waste?
    I was under the impression that the 14ths memories were implanted into him, perhaps by the 14th, but I don't know for sure. It seems like the ones who would know both are Mana and Cross, and with Mana dead and Cross MIA and possibly dead I think it'll be a while before we find out anything...

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDreamer View Post
    have to agree with the ppl who said the chapter felt off. way to goofy an atmosphere given the situation. i did like the 14th making an appearance and letting us know he plans to become the millenium earl.(WTF)
    Yeah, it did seem a bit...strange. The atmosphere didn't seem serious enough given the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Something about this chapter seemed off to me. Everything just seemed too light-hearted and goofy in a situation that shouldn't have been like that. Reading it and feeling so confused about the mood really kinda made scenes that should have had a lot more weight lose their significance.
    Nah I think all of those scenes served a good purpose and they're very much needed, think about it for a sec, the Noah are family, it was pretty much a family occasion where they "know" they're in full control, why shouldn't they act goofy and light-hearted when they know it isn't even a losing matter for them right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Eavok View Post
    Nah I think all of those scenes served a good purpose and they're very much needed, think about it for a sec, the Noah are family, it was pretty much a family occasion where they "know" they're in full control, why shouldn't they act goofy and light-hearted when they know it isn't even a losing matter for them right now..
    I'm not denying the purpose of any of the scenes only the fact that being silly was inappropriate for what was occurring in the plot. Would you walk into a scene with all your friends/family at gun point and be goofy about it? It's not that the Noah's were being silly was off but that Allen was and even the captives to a certain extent. But even the level of silliness the Noahs displayed kinda nerfed the severity of the situation and the appearance of Allen's 14th personality which I felt should have been more of an epic scene.

D Gray Man 189 Discussion / 190 Predictions

Man this show is getting great and the next eps look like they are going to be even better. cant wait

holy. the missing pages explain something by the way i think kanda mite be looking for that gurl.

If you look back on the past chapters, in the older arcs, the inappropriate humor has always been there. Maybe not as blatant, but its happened before. I for one enjoyed the chapter far more than the last few weeks, because I felt like we had our old characters back. Its felt a little disconnected lately. All plot and none of our favorite characters. There are times for serious things, and I guess that Hoshino felt that this wasn't supposed to be one of those serious moments. She knows how to do hardcore, intense scenes, we know this, so apparently that's not what she was aiming for. I know the noah's attacking seems like a serious deal, but I think she's aiming for a lighter tone, seeing as how its been pretty serious and intense the last few arcs. And she could be aiming for the noahs and allen to be on the back burner, allowing Kanda's past to get more of the attention. I don't know. I think that things are going back to normal now. We'll see in a couple weeks when the next chapter comes out.

The 190 raw chapter is out! You can find it in MH. (It is just LQ Raw )

Whaaat?! already? It's like Christmas came...late...!

*must...not...look*

...screw it, I'm looking DX

but yay~

Quote Originally Posted by Aribelle View Post
    Whaaat?! already? It's like Christmas came...late...!

*must...not...look*

...screw it, I'm looking DX

but yay~
    The chapter is already out... ?