Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Question

Quote Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
    Which returns to my previous statement: watch Bleach for the action, not the plot, because it is developing into nonsense.
    Heh. You've got a point there. It might be just meaningless to look for deeper meanings in what is essentially shounen-fare. The sorrows of being an English Major who likes shounen-manga...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."
    ~:GK Chesterton:~

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Ironic as this may sound, I still find joy in discussing the loop-holes and mysteries surrounding the fictional content of my favourite anime.. consider it an interest and to me, it should be kept neutral and fun where everyone knows how to take a step back, compromise and understand each perspectives while still being able to present their personal views.

KINGS-Of-A-Kind; The Baboon & The Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Narhbos View Post
    Ironic as this may sound, I still find joy in discussing the loop-holes and mysteries surrounding the fictional content of my favourite anime.. consider it an interest and to me, it should be kept neutral and fun where everyone knows how to take a step back, compromise and understand each perspectives while still being able to present their personal views.
    Fair enough, I can respect that. My apologies if I sounded overly harsh.
    ------------------------------------------
    And thank you kindly for your endorsement of my closing comments on my other post. ^_^
    Last edited by BillDoors; 09-09-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."

A few suspicions of mine as to "Why most of the Captains were not revealed fully?" is perhaps to fool the readers into thinking that the best level a Captain can reach is that of Byakuya since he's portrayed as the "most powerful Captain opponent" for Ichigo. But then we were surprised when Aizen pops up and voila, we see a HUGE gap in the Captains power levels. I believe that certain Captains are incredibly powerful (e.g. Ukitake, Shunsui, Genryuusai etc) but Kubo deem it's not yet time to 'use' them yet and thus, keeps them 'hidden' for now.
    I agree with you here, but they'll be designed as incredibly powerful at this point not because of solid plot and character development but because he's forced to. Kubo erroneously created the Espada to be too strong for a reasonable storyline, but I suppose that's a common pitfall for shounen. This happened because he felt he needed to develop Ichigo's strength as the main character to keep things fresh, and learning to suppress and control his Hollow added that extra level. In creating this form of power curve, all of the Captains were left behind. This gets even further complicated when you consider that the majority of the current Espada are likely not to be Vasto Lordes -- which means that Kubo hasn't reached the power ceiling yet. It's been debated back and forth about whether or not Ulquiorra or the top 3 are Vastos, they could be, we simply don't know. Further, it's slightly distressing that the recent spread of Ichigo's face split into four could indicate further growth in strength for our main hero. It might not be foreshadowing in that way, again, we don't know. However, I feel that if this occurs it will exacerbate the problem further. Ichigo shouldn't be the only one who can reasonably stand up to the the entire upper echelon of Espada. I just want our Captains to be fleshed out more and have purpose. Please give them some love.

I just hope we don't see something like Kenpachi coming out and fighting on an even level with the #2 Espada or whatever, especially considering Ichigo was able to match him or even win with only Shikai a short while ago. But sure, Kenpachi might have Shikai and Bankai this time. It'll be fun to read and watch, but at the same time it'll feel inconsistent and a little silly to me.

I only hope that he ties up some of the many loose ends before we see some form of conclusion. There's a degree of mystery and fun in guessing, but after a while, it stops being mysterious and starts being taunting when we want to know more about things like Rangiku & Gin, Isshin, Hitsugaya's childhood and the great shift from then to now, Yachiru's capabilities, Unohana -- the list can go on for hours. It feels like we have so many great unknowns in the series and maybe it'll stay that way, but he keeps adding more complicated situations like Grimmjow and Nell without resolving previous ones. Is Rukia dead or not? I think we all "know" she isn't, but there are elements that suggest all angles. What about Sado? Come on, Kubo. Why is he so reluctant to kill characters? Everything just hangs. Grimmjow should have died, we were given a battle that spanned multiple chapters, now we might be seeing a situation where he might no longer be an enemy or even be allied because Ichigo saved him. Yay, another Renji?! Symmetry, like you said, Narhbos. Nell could go in any number of directions. It feels at times that we're just expected to forget the plot holes in the past and just focus on the now (which has its own set of inconsistencies and holes!) and it's just stacking and feeling slightly overwhelming. At times, I'm just saying to myself, "Wow, there's no way this should be happening, it makes no sense!"

Maybe I shouldn't expect as much out of this shounen manga as I do. :\
    Also, I apologize for derailing your thread so much for my rants.
    Last edited by anjuna; 09-09-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You're keeping it interesting, at least. That's hardly a crime.

Derailing? Nah, it's alright. I titled the thread as 'A Question' cause I don't wanna limit the discussion to only my question... I sorta wanted to make it into thread where people can ask some questions regarding certain loop-holes (small ones) they notice and we could discuss it here.

Anyways apologies for the late reply, I had to undergo an operation. XP

KINGS-Of-A-Kind; The Baboon & The Panther