Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blue Dragon (360)

Just picked this game up today, and its amazing. Hironobu Sakaguchi (The creator of Final Fantasy), Akira Toriyama (The Creator of Dragonball), and Nobuo Uematsu (Music composer for Final Fantasy) Come together to create an epic RPG that spans 3 360 disks! My personal opinion is that its a little too old-school but that feeling you get when you level up your characters is still there. Please pick this game up so Mistwalker creates more games like this.

I don't want it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...summary;review

If this is the best they can do with Xbox 360, I'm pretty disappointed...especially the graphics.

Anyways it's Hironobu's first game and it was well anticipated, yet a letdown.

Maybe next time.

I never trust review sites. They are usually extremely harsh and most games they rate badly are actually enjoyable games.

You say it's a let down, but have you actually played the game? Seems like you just based your opinion off a review.

My opinion, I haven't played the game yet. I know graphics aren't going to make a difference to me. I play RPG's because I like the genre, I don't care if the characters look real or not.

I'm also of the type that links the classic battle systems and not the MMORPG battle systems. The FF XII battle system is really annoying because it's not full out like KH.

grapics arent everything though. this game could turn out really good.im gonna try it out when i get the 360

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

My friend says it's not good unless you download hard mode. That otherwise it's just too easy.

Yeah if you base all your gaming buys on reviews from people twice your age, then you would probably only play Halo or Resident Evil. I guess I liked this game because I will always have a soft spot for old-school RPGs. You would be surprised at the list of RPGs ive taken down on all kinds of platforms. Play it before you criticize please.

Also Gamespot is a horrible place for reviews on games, my favorite game "Xenogears" was originally given a 6 out of 10 by them. Now that they have reformed they have a 9 as the score. Two faced rating will never get respect from me.
    Last edited by Sleepybones; 09-07-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepybones View Post
    Yeah if you base all your gaming buys on reviews from people twice your age, then you would probably only play Halo or Resident Evil. I guess I liked this game because I will always have a soft spot for old-school RPGs. You would be surprised at the list of RPGs ive taken down on all kinds of platforms. Play it before you criticize please.

Also Gamespot is a horrible place for reviews on games, my favorite game "Xenogears" was originally given a 6 out of 10 by them. Now that they have reformed they have a 9 as the score. Two faced rating will never get respect from me.
    Actually I have played it at my local gamestore. The storyline needs work, the gameplay is dull because I've played too many by now and I'm not in the mood for anything new with the same style or else it'll kill my replay value on all classical RPGs.

As for the reviews, not everyone's going to be satisfied with a product and I've read all the other reviews. It's definitely debatable, however Gamespot satisfies my thoughts the best for this game.

So again, this is Hironobu's first game away from Squaresoft, so I'm giving him props for not making it horrible, however it's a letdown because it wasn't as great as I thought it'd be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Syaozen View Post
    Actually I have played it at my local gamestore. The storyline needs work, the gameplay is dull because I've played too many by now and I'm not in the mood for anything new with the same style or else it'll kill my replay value on all classical RPGs.

As for the reviews, not everyone's going to be satisfied with a product and I've read all the other reviews. It's definitely debatable, however Gamespot satisfies my thoughts the best for this game.

So again, this is Hironobu's first game away from Squaresoft, so I'm giving him props for not making it horrible, however it's a letdown because it wasn't as great as I thought it'd be either.
    So how long did you stand in a gaming store playing their 360? :/

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

I would like to say half decent things about the game but my 360 keep breaking down. Bless you M$

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    So how long did you stand in a gaming store playing their 360? :/
    About 20 minutes.

Btw Loaneal, I hope you're not talking about the three red rings of death...because you're pretty much screwed.