Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Theory: Aizen's shikai is limited

In that it can't be reused while onlookers who have already seen it are watching. Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

He can use it's abilities without calling out it's name again on those who have already seen it. So I'll suggest that, much like Ichigo calling out Zangetsu's name again while fighting pre-Bankai, Ichigo has been immune to the use of Aizen's shikai thus far due to the presence of those who have already seen it.

And Ichigo needs something to keep Aizen from just going out and calling it's name the second he shows up to save them.

I'll also go out on a limb and suggest he won't be able to use it if he goes into Bankai, assuming his bankai is an entirely different asset.

So lets say Aizen does call out his Shikai with people he's already used it on looking. What do you think happens if they see it again?

It could possibly eliminate the current effect, but that's just theorizing from my part. In the context bd43 mentioned though, it makes kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bd43 View Post
    In that it can't be reused while onlookers who have already seen it are watching. Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

He can use it's abilities without calling out it's name again on those who have already seen it. So I'll suggest that, much like Ichigo calling out Zangetsu's name again while fighting pre-Bankai, Ichigo has been immune to the use of Aizen's shikai thus far due to the presence of those who have already seen it.

And Ichigo needs something to keep Aizen from just going out and calling it's name the second he shows up to save them.

I'll also go out on a limb and suggest he won't be able to use it if he goes into Bankai, assuming his bankai is an entirely different asset.
    nope, your wrong. He already used it against other people and the ones that were already affected by it still are affected. Remember? He showed it to the current captains/lt, to the previous captains/lt, and to all the dudes that were in the Espadas ^_^

kabe87, no, you ARE wrong, because that happened at different times at different places. You didn't really refute anything.

Actually, he's right. Remember back in the Turn Back the Pendulum arc, Kyoraku mentioned seeing Aizen at the baracks when he was never there. In the SS arc (chronologically after the Pendulum arc), Isane stated there was a demonstration in front of all Captains and VCs of Aizen's Shikai. That would mark the second time that Kyoraku, Ukitake, Unohana, and Yamamoto had seen his Shikai. Also, the first time seeing it for everyone else I assume.

Hm, assuming what caused the illusion back in Turn Back the Pendulum was indeed caused by his shikai. Was that ever explicitly stated? We just know that Kyoraku said he saw Aizen when it was obviously someone else.

For example, Shinji could "see" through Aizen's kido when he was spying on his conversation with Urahara, this might suggest that it wasn't Kyoka Suigetsu that caused it but something else.

I suppose everybody assumed it was the work of his shikai (me too) since we know how it functions. When thinking of it, it doesn't necessarily have to be, unless he says so himself. I will give in for now though

I havent seen anything to make me think his Shikai's effects are not permanent. Unless he willfully releases someone I don't see it happening. I think the only other way to break the effects is possibly to break his zan. I expect Ichigo to break his Zan during their fight and release everyone from the effects.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Hm, assuming what caused the illusion back in Turn Back the Pendulum was indeed caused by his shikai. Was that ever explicitly stated? We just know that Kyoraku said he saw Aizen when it was obviously someone else.

For example, Shinji could "see" through Aizen's kido when he was spying on his conversation with Urahara, this might suggest that it wasn't Kyoka Suigetsu that caused it but something else.

I suppose everybody assumed it was the work of his shikai (me too) since we know how it functions. When thinking of it, it doesn't necessarily have to be, unless he says so himself. I will give in for now though
    Im pretty sure he did the same thing he did in SC Arc. Hide himself in the shadows and let a dumb ass do the work (in this case the dude that was walking around as aizen). While he was killing the current vizards, the other one was walking around so people could see him.

As pointed out by others, previous chapters do not support claims stated in the OP. However I'll say this: Aizen's shikai is limited and he's screwed if there is another blind dude in the Soul King Realm like Tousen.