Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naruto Real life ninja's used in Naruto?

Posted by Iwanin @ Mangahelpers

Here's an interesting post I found on 2ch (credit goes to the nameless poster who made it):

サスケ→猿飛佐助(さるとびさすけ)
    三代目猿飛→〃
    左近→横谷左近(よこたにさこん)
    多由也→御色多由也(おいろたゆや)
    ダンゾウ→加藤段蔵(かとうだんぞう)
    ヤマト(テンゾウ)→渡辺天蔵(わたなべてんぞう)
    角都→座頭角都(ざとうかくず)
    小南→神戸小南(かんべのこなん)
    半蔵→服部半蔵正成(はっとりはんぞうまさなり)

It's a list of names of real life Ninja used in the manga.

Sasuke -> Sarutobi Sasuke
    Sandaime -> same one, obviously.
    Sakon -> Yokotani Sakon
    Tayuya -> Oiro Tayuya
    Danzou -> Katou Danzou
    Tenzou (Yamato's real name) -> Watanabe Tenzou
    Kakuzu -> Zatou Kakuzu.
    Konan -> Kanbeno Konan
    Hanzou -> Hattori Hanzou Masanari.

The "Zou" in "Danzou" is spelled with the same character as the "Zou" in "Hanzou", but I doubt they're the same character...well, who knows. "Danzou's" "Dan" is actually the same "dan" in "Hidan."

"Zou", btw, is also in "Tenzou." (same kanji).

What's interesting is that Konan is apparently the name of an "actual" ninja.

Oh, and I'm leaning toward the Madara being in possession of Obito's body theory... :p ... not that it has anything to do with this chapter or the spoilers.

Hehe, i'm pleased to see a manga reader who finally cares about the real-life antic ninjutsu arts. I could tell you loads of stories about antic/medieval japan and shinobis if one wished.
    Sarutobi Sasuke was indeed said to be one of the greatest and most experienced shinobis of all times, although he ended in a pathetic way during a mission that failed as well.

Similar to how your friend Bill might be named for William the Conqueror? I wouldn't read too far into the names unless they share the same full name.

Similar to how your friend Bill might be named for William the Conqueror? I wouldn't read too far into the names unless they share the same full name.
    LOL yeah i think most of them are coincidence =P

Quote Originally Posted by z3n0cid3 View Post
    LOL yeah i think most of them are coincidence =P
    Just like their appearances...everyone thinks everybody is related to Naruto because they look like him in some way. They tend to ignore the fact that because of a studio's overall style characters tend to look the same. Also it's because it's easier to draw new ones that look like old ones.

I knew about Sarutobi Sasuke, and immediately thought of Hattori Hanzou when reading the new spoiler. Never heard of these others though. =/

Well, maybe he get inspiration from ancient shinobies' names. However it could have been just a coincidence as well.

Just a question

are there any known ninjas?

i have seen a documentary that said that none truly knows about ninjas because they remain in the shadows doing only assassination and sabotages to the enemy.

if their name was known their enemies would have killed them

the samurai were the fighters and the ninjas were just assistants to the war like saboteurs and murderers that they tried to destroy-poison-assasin enemy generals, buildings and morale of their enemy soldiers etc.

i think that all the above names that GinOva written are referring to samurai not ninja

the ronins were samurai without masters not ninjas and usualy when some ronins were join forces they became outlaws not ninjas.

please correct me if i am wrong.

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    Famous Ninja Assassinations

1. The Dinosaurs – Scientists like to think their extinction was brought upon by a giant meteor colliding with the earth and kicking up enough debris to block out the sun and cause an ice age. HOW CONVENIENT. A giant meteor just happened to hit the earth. If you were to find every dinosaur bone on the planet and examine them closely, you would find they all had one thing in common. A perfect slice to the neck made by a small blade. There’s no convenience about it. It was hard work.

2. Pompeii – Historians want you to believe a volcano took out the city of Pompeii. Well what sounds more believable to you? That one stupid volcano melted a city, or that one badass ninja rained fiery arrows down on a city?

3. Julius Caesar – This guy wasn’t stabbed by 50 of his closest friends in 5 minutes. He was stabbed 50 times by one ninja in 2 minutes. Shakespeare wrote the fictional ending because he knew if he told the truth, he would soon be staring down the business end of a shuriken.

4. Leaning Tower of Pisa – Great Architectural wonder, my butt. A ninja was hired to kill this building and kicked it.

5. The Battle of Gettysburg – This was one of the most brutal battles in the Civil War with deaths from the North and the South numbering in the thousands. Well, the reality is that not one shot was fired by either side. Both armies gathered on either side of the battlefield, but there was one lone ninja in the center. Then some idiot yelled, “Hey doofus, get out of the way.” Well, the ninja went ape shit and started chopping until he could chop no more.

6. The Titanic – What makes more sense? A giant unsinkable ship broken in half by a giant piece of snow, or a giant unsinkable ship CUT in half by a lightning fast, razor sharp, sword wielded by a powerful ninja? Yeah, that whole iceberg theory is looking real dumb right now.

7. Bruce Lee – journalists want you to believe that he slipped in the tub after filming “Enter the Dragon.” Bruce Lee was a badass, and the only way to kill him was to hire a badder asser. His death had ninja written all over it. It is rumored the ninja was hired by Chuck Norris.

8. The Soviet Union – Ninjas don’t always kill with swords. Ronald Reagan hired a ninja in the 80s to stop the Cold War, and he did.

9. Unicorns – These single horned horses use to roam the Earth by the millions. Then the ninja council decided that these creatures were too gay looking and ordered them exterminated. It is rumored that the first pair of numchaku was built from two unicorn horns.

10. Adolph Hitler – Historians want you to believe he died of a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head. But what about the 48 shurikens found embedded in his back? Why 48? One for each star on the American Flag. The A-bomb wasn’t the only secret weapon the U.S. unleashed in WW2.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

just like to add this lol even though its nothing to do with real ninjas, but it's a interesting story for those who didnt knew yet

from narutofan.com

All About Naruto - Did You Know?
    Did you know that the name of Uzumaki Naruto comes from a city in the Tokushima Prefecture of Japan named Naruto? The city of Naruto was founded on March 15th, 1947 and has a population of 64,257 and a density of 474.40 per kmĀ². Naruto is most famous for the Naruto Whirlpools (Uzumaki, hence Uzumaki Naruto), a famous tourist attraction. Naruto also is home to the Ryozenji and Gokurakuji temples, the first two temples of the 88 temples on the Shikoku Pilgrimage that are believed to have been visited by the famous Buddhist monk Kukai, who was born in Zentsuji of the Shikoku Prefecture in 774. The pilgrimage is 745 miles long (1200 kilometers) and traditionally walked, which can take up to 60 days to do completely. Those who do complete the entire pilgrimage are known as o-henro-san and are often recognizable by their white clothing, sedge hats, and walking sticks. Also in Naruto is the Ohnaruto Bridge, a suspension bridge on the route that connects Kobe with Naruto. Completed in 1985 the bridge crosses the Naruto Strait (location of the Naruto Whirlpools) and has a span of 876 meters (2,874 feet), good for being named the 25th largest bridge in the world.

Naruto, Tokushima from Space