View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spot on

    7 29.17%
  • Agree with some of it

    5 20.83%
  • Way off

    12 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: D.Grayman

  1. #1

    Exclamation D.Grayman losing its touch?

    Hi im starting this thread as an open discussion on your personal views on the manga "D.Grayman" [flaming is welcome]. When i first read D.Grayman i thought, "this is not my thing" then i gave it another go, read a few more chapters, and before i knew it *bang* i was hooked. The art is great, thats a given, but one of the things that hooked me the most was that the story takes the characters places others dont; Allen practically died when he vs'ed Ticki Mick and i had no clue how the artist was gonna tangible pull him out of it.

    However! [and heres where i get to the point of this thread] One of my biggest criticisms is that the characters themselves seem a bit 2-dimensional; they really dont seem like they have much too them and sometimes the dialogue between characters seems a lil...crap?. Also! Lately the art has been a lil ..."low quality"...and i dont mean the scans i mean the way the characters are being drawn. I think its because Hoshino has trouble drawing Marian [she said so herself a while back] and animating him well. So in closing i think this "5 week sicky" is just a chance for her to get back on the right footing, so good for her. I really hope D.Grayman doesnt end up crashing and burning, ive got high hopes for its "recouperation".

    P.S Most importantly i want to hear what other fans/critics think of this [especially you blud]



    Vote Above Plz ^^
    Last edited by redzero00; 09-07-2007 at 03:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member newkidz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    165
    Right now this is one of the most exciting manga.
    Cross coming in just takes the cake for me...
    5 week hiatus is just killer imo.. (4 weeks left !- or is it 3 already ???)

    From all here's my "manga" list in order of most anticipated
    1. Dgrayman
    2. Claymore
    3. Bleach
    4. Naruto
    5. One piece.

    Too bad the first two are not on weekly releases...

  3. #3
    D: NOMNOMNOM lilmimichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    303
    3 weeks, i'm counting.

    More at
    My Deviantart

  4. #4
    This thread really get the reaction i was going for but oh wells. Dont forget to vote above^^

  5. #5
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mission, KS
    Posts
    716
    I do not comprehend, what is this poll's question with three different viewpoints?

    The fact that D.Gray-man became popular enough to earn an anime series proves this matter and the manga is slowly gaining stream again with the Cross versus Earl fight brewing. However the series is now going into the cliche' shonen subject of the main hero, hot woman, main enemy, and etc. Since every other character had a death chapter, which could be, and will be fixed in the future after the still existing characters escape the arc.

    I say it's spot on, but missing a few key ingredients to become highly successfully.

    EDIT - Hey I just noticed, this is my four hundredth comment.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

    Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

    Nintendo Wii Friend's number
    3432.6005.8978.2772

  6. #6
    Regular Member newkidz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    I do not comprehend, what is this poll's question with three different viewpoints?

    The fact that D.Gray-man became popular enough to earn an anime series proves this matter and the manga is slowly gaining stream again with the Cross versus Earl fight brewing. However the series is now going into the cliche' shonen subject of the main hero, hot woman, main enemy, and etc. Since every other character had a death chapter, which could be, and will be fixed in the future after the still existing characters escape the arc.

    I say it's spot on, but missing a few key ingredients to become highly successfully.

    EDIT - Hey I just noticed, this is my four hundredth comment.
    The anime is crap now with all the stupid fillers and that cat lady noah

  7. #7
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mission, KS
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by newkidz View Post
    The anime is crap now with all the stupid fillers and that cat lady noah
    Right, so this is over the anime? I haven't watched the anime since the filler episode with Kanda fighting against the legendary swordsman.

    So yeah I have not real opinion on the anime series then. As long as it doesn't evolve into the Naruto fillers, I will say continue good animation department.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

    Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

    Nintendo Wii Friend's number
    3432.6005.8978.2772

  8. #8
    †gangsta† kryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    353
    and i hope Lavi stay dead this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Kishi says:

    Uchiha = God

    Uzumaki = Shit
    Spoiler!

  9. #9
    ♥Aoizora♥ aoizora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10

    D.Gray-man

    Despite the anime having fillers and the Hoshino-sensei going on a break for a while, overall, the plot is still incredibly good. You said the characters were two-dimensional, but I disagree. Although we don't get a good glimpse into each character's background, I can still feel that there is something deeper there. Take Kanda for instance, his past is very blurry. But when you think about it, there is definetely a story behind him. The tattoo, the flower, his quest of 'finding a certain person'. It will be interesting to see his past unfold.

    As for the art, I really don't see a lack of detailing or the overall result getting poorer. What I do see is the art style maturing a bit more. However, this might be wrong.

    I'll have to admit though, seeing the anime go off from the original manga outline was a bit of a turn off. But I'll count it as comedic relief seeing as the manga takes on such dark twists. I'll still be keeping up with both manga and anime to see just how far they diverge away from each other. It will be interesting to see how they both develope. And one should always remember that no matter how far the anime seems to dive off from the manga, it has to come back sooner or later. Lets just hope that D.Gray-Man doesn't lose any fans because of it though ^_^;;


    ---PS zomg I'm so sorry for rambling on like that @_@

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aoizora View Post

    ---PS zomg I'm so sorry for rambling on like that @_@
    Not at all. Actually ur the only one in this thread that gave an opinion on what im actually trying to put forward. I could care less whether D.Grayman had an anime or not, thats not my focus of the thread. Im asking what fans/critics think of how D.Grayman is progressing/unfolding. Thanks for the reply.

    Dont' forget to vote above if you haven't already
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    I do not comprehend, what is this poll's question with three different viewpoints?

    The fact that D.Gray-man became popular enough to earn an anime series proves this matter and the manga is slowly gaining stream again with the Cross versus Earl fight brewing. However the series is now going into the cliche' shonen subject of the main hero, hot woman, main enemy, and etc. Since every other character had a death chapter, which could be, and will be fixed in the future after the still existing characters escape the arc.

    I say it's spot on, but missing a few key ingredients to become highly successfully.

    EDIT - Hey I just noticed, this is my four hundredth comment.
    =.= my poll relates to my arguement that D.Grayman has lately been progressing badly in terms of: art, dialogue, story.

    I really dont think u can site D.Grayman being turned into an anime as evidence for it not being crapola as of recent, it just shows theres enough of an interest in the fans for its production. And the Cross vs Earl fight? Im not expecting too much. I really dont get much outa D.Grayman chapters nowadays, not much really happens and before you noe it its the end of the chapter. And besides i think Hoshino's having a hard time drawing Cross. I really dont get ur arguement about the cliche shonen storyline. Main hero, hot woman, main enemy? What? D.Grayman from the start was shonen, and i could care less if it is, as long as it delivers orignal stories with great art and characterisations.

    Hoping to see a reply
    Last edited by redzero00; 09-20-2007 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Similar Threads

  1. D.Grayman 139 By Basement Scans
    By Shinn in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:33 AM
  2. D.Grayman lossing its touch?
    By redzero00 in forum D.Gray-man & Bakuman
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 01:08 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •