Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I doubt that theory too.
    1. Who knows that the upper left part of the first picture shows a vasto? Could be anything.

2. If the form of the mask had anything to say about how close the espada is to becomming a vasto the other espadas would have masks that resembled a vasto as well (we only saw the outlnes of sth that could be a vasto anyway. Nobody actually knows what they look like) The skulls looked more like a part of what they change into when they release their swords.

3. There is no hint that any of the espadas we know will turn into a vasto. I can't see any reason for that, especially after this part of the wikiquote:" Vasto lorde are the least common form of menos, but the exact population is unknown. They are believed to reside within the very depths of Hueco Mundo."
    ---> There already are Vasto Lordes in Hueco Mundo.
    Last edited by Vyse.; 09-06-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse. View Post
    I doubt that theory too.
    1. Who knows that the upper left part of the first picture shows a vasto? Could be anything.

2. If the form of the mask had anything to say about how close the espada is to becomming a vasto the other espadas would have masks that resembled a vasto as well (we only saw the outlnes of a vasto anyway. Nobody actually knows what they look like) The skulls looked more like a part of what they change into when they release their swords.

3. There is no hint that any of the espadas we know will turn into a vasto. I can't see any reason for that, especially after this part of the wikiquote:" Vasto lorde are the least common form of menos, but the exact population is unknown. They are believed to reside within the very depths of Hueco Mundo."
    ---> There already are Vasto Lordes in Hueco Mundo.
    im just trying to say "it might" since it's almost certain ulquiorra is a vasto lorde...

remember when Grimmjow first fought masked ichigo? by just 1 getsuga tenshou grimmjow was damaged alot and ichigo couldnt use as much as he did later on vs ulquiorra...
    in Hueco mundo when Ichigo had more power and mask control and he attacked ulquiorra with his full power using getsuga tenshou, ulquiorra's clothes were only damaged...

just see what a frickin difference in power there is :S

so imo im 90% sure ulquiorra is an vasto lorde

Actually, the bull shaped skull face in the upper left hand corner, is the leader of the Executor people, whatever they're called.
    Don'tcha see the resemblance?
    But I think it'd be kick ass if Ichigo's hollow became A VL.
    Last edited by R4wr; 09-06-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Ulquiorra is an espada, he's the fourth. There's a huge difference in power between just one number jump alone. If Ulquiorra is a vasto lorde then 1-3 espada would also have to be vasto lords and I really doubt that would be the case.

I think the first Espada is a Vasto Lord

Quote Originally Posted by OldChemist View Post
    Ulquiorra is an espada, he's the fourth. There's a huge difference in power between just one number jump alone. If Ulquiorra is a vasto lorde then 1-3 espada would also have to be vasto lords and I really doubt that would be the case.
    It has been strongly implied that Ulquiorra was a Vasto Lorde, and he's certainly the most powerful of the Espada we've seen so far. If he *was* an Espada, given the hints we've got, the remaining 3 Espada would almost necessarily have to have been Vasto's to be stronger than him. Our one glimpse of a Vasto is almost certainly Ulquiorra in profile - if Ulquiorra wasn't actually a Vasto Lorde prior to becoming an Arrancar, why would Kubo make him look like the Vasto Lorde profile? So, unless we want to conclude that Kubo deliberately mislead his readers or that he was fickle enough to change his mind about what Ulquiorra was after the fact, it's safe to presume that a) Ulquiorra was a Vasto Lorde, and b) the three Espada ranked above him are stronger than him, which means they'd individually have to be at least as powerful as a Vasto Lorde.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."
    ~:GK Chesterton:~

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

to death
    since when has the manga directly said that there were ANY vasto lordes?

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    since when has the manga directly said that there were ANY vasto lordes?
    I don't think it has, and I concede this is mostly speculative. But there *have* been hints that Ulquiorra is one, and that's what I'm going off of. Take that for whatever it's worth.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."
    ~:GK Chesterton:~

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Initiate
    even though its Ulquiorra's mask profile doesnt that prolfile look a bit tall do be him? that prfile seems to be alot taller a skinnyer than the ulquiorra and from all the other releases we've seen the general body shape generaly sticks with the shape of the origional.

i also dont think the eating of the two espada or ex espada in nell's case would jump ichigos hollow to a vasto lorde. but looking at ichigos hollow when he was undergoing arrancar training it is either a normal hollow or due to its small size and when inside ichigo its human appearance it may already be.

i wonder what it is about eating hollows that causes menos to advance, if it is purely reiatsu inside the hollow maby the fact that ichigo's hollow was created within one of the largest sources of reiastu currently on earth and has been feeding on this reiatsu for some time that it is possible that it has acheived menos powers of some form.

i wish that ichigo would go an talk to zangetsu some time soon as he hasnt in some time.. im sure the other half and currently predominant half of ichgo's power would be able to shed some light on what is going on.. that an zangetsu is cool

in relation the the reference to the skull helmet that is in the cover. this is most proably going to be as im sure most people have thought some relation to when ichigo's hollow metiond controling his true power.. the only question is what is this true power.. it could merely mean utilising ichigo's hollow's cero.. or possible some other form of getsuga tenshou.. however going by ichigo's usual way of things the moment he dies or is about to well find out so fingers crossed that he gets seriously injured in his current fight in the manga!!!

lol long ass post!

yes.. that IS.. my eye

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    im just trying to say "it might" since it's almost certain ulquiorra is a vasto lorde...

remember when Grimmjow first fought masked ichigo? by just 1 getsuga tenshou grimmjow was damaged alot and ichigo couldnt use as much as he did later on vs ulquiorra...
    in Hueco mundo when Ichigo had more power and mask control and he attacked ulquiorra with his full power using getsuga tenshou, ulquiorra's clothes were only damaged...

just see what a frickin difference in power there is :S

so imo im 90% sure ulquiorra is an vasto lorde
    Maybe you're right maybe not. There's only one way to find out