Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I agree, there is alot of delving into the characters but at the same time the way they interact makes them seem very pale

other than that, the storyline and all that is rocketing off its head

One thing I was complaining about was that the Ark-Arc was pretty long....but now it's over. The characters aren't that two-sided. Oka,y some of them, but the main characters aren't.

The story could have finished after the Noah's Arc, arc, its true. Well I thought it was coming to a close until they added extra parts and now more Noah will make appearence and stuff. Its should make us go "WTF OMG" after the next two chapters or something to reel us (the reader) back in otherwise it may be an issue.

Yes...but it would be against the tradition of the Shounen-Jump-Manga xD
    SJ-manga usually tend to have 300+ chapters, so stopping at around 120 would be....bad.

Hey its great to see such a good number of replies and a pretty broard range of responses to my thread. Havent been posting myself for a long while but i have been keeping track of the thread. To tell you the truth i do like this series, quite a bit actually, but i don't really like the direction its heading. Looking back at the earlier chapters, where i really got pulled into the series, the art has seriously changed a lot. That for me being a bad thing. The art now seems...jumbled..(for want of a better word), theres just too much unessisary background art...what happened to the days when the atmosphere was so effectively established with clear, bold, defined drawings (chapter 14 is a pretty good example of what i mean). Character interaction is still a little weak for me still. On the plus side the storyline seems to be going is a positive direction and i can only hope for the best. Cross is being drawn better but the drawings dont have the clear cut characteristics of a memorable main character, so mayb its a good thing we do usually see too much of him. Last chapter (chapter 135) seemed a lil too cartoony and dull for my tastes but the 2nd half of it wasnt too bad. Well thats my two cents for now. Ill try to post my afterthoughts on every release chapter from now on as long as you guys keep coming back for it. And remember this is open discussion, be my guest and take me down with whatever comeback you have.

About the Art: It has improved a lot! It fits teh character better in my opinion. Allen doesn't look too young anymore and not that much girlish like in the beginning. Kanda looks more manly. Road looks cuter now, unlike in the beginning where she looked kind of creepy and almost like a boy (even with the skirt). The BG is wonderful and having much doesn't mean you have to pay much attention to it. It's rather for the whole impression, and that's very well done.

About...chapter 135: You know after such a serious arc where some of the main characters almost died and an important and very interesting plot twist came you just NEED some comedy relief. Of course it isn't as interesting as when the plot really is going on, but without comedy I'd it'd be dull. DGM is a serious but not entirely dark manga.

There, I argued xD

=P thanks for that. Waiting on the new chapter so i can post something a lil more meaningful. And wud it kill ya blud to make a comment of some sort? xD thanx for the replies guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [One Piece] Shanks = Portgas D. Shanks (Ace's Dad)
    ------------------------------------------
    I actually liked this one (chapter 136) but i wuda liked more involvement from the other generals. Thats all i got for now. Enjoy the latest chapter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [One Piece] Shanks = Portgas D. Shanks (Ace's Dad)
    Last edited by redzero00; 11-10-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in the anime, the fighting's getting stale... yeah, seeing lavi/bookman/crowley fight zillions of akuma is great, seeing lenalee's dress riding up her most beautiful thigh is raunchy, but...

its kinda boring. the fire cyclone practically win anyone else, and so do Allen's gun innocence. i hope i can see some interesting fights, like fighting amidst bamboos? lol

Well its a shonen you really can't expect much in the character development area, they're always built on the tried and true archetypes(though I have to say it does have some of the more fleshed out characters I've seen in a shonen)
    The art does seem particularly "hectic" at times which can annoy as it makes you sit there having to analyze the panel
    However I believe that its pros(wonderful storytelling and beautiful art) make up for said flaws.