Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

D.Gray-man D.Grayman lossing its touch?

Hi im starting this thread as an open discussion on your personal views on the manga "D.Grayman" [flaming is welcome]. When i first read D.Grayman i thought, "this is not my thing" then i gave it another go, read a few more chapters, and before i knew it *bang* i was hooked. The art is great, thats a given, but one of the things that hooked me the most was that the story takes the characters places others dont; Allen practically died when he vs'ed Ticki Mick and i had no clue how the artist was gonna tangible pull him out of it.

However! [and heres where i get to the point of this thread] One of my biggest criticisms is that the characters themselves seem a bit 2-dimensional; they really dont seem like they have much too them and sometimes the dialogue between characters seems a lil...crap?. Also! Lately the art has been a lil ..."low quality"...and i dont mean the scans i mean the way the characters are being drawn. I think its because Hoshino has trouble drawing Marian [she said so herself a while back] and animating him well. So in closing i think this "5 week sicky" is just a chance for her to get back on the right footing, so good for her. I really hope D.Grayman doesnt end up crashing and burning, ive got high hopes for its "recouperation".

P.S This is the only place i could think of putting this thread so if any admin out there thinks it should be in a special D.Grayman section feel free to put it there. Most importantly i want to hear what other fans/critics think of this [especially you blud]

this belongs in the D.Gray man section...

anywho, I disagree...

2D? no, just in the latest few chapters a new angle of road and tyki was shown; ie. tyki's last words - 'sorry road' and then road seeking revenge.

thats pretty three dimensional as far a villans go.

I have no Idea what your talking about when you say the art is getting bad... yes, Iv noticed that she has changed her style a little bit; but I haven't noticed any drop in the quality of it. as for animating marian, that isn't her job, she just draws the manga, anime is a completely different group of people as far as I know.

I spose its all opinion based..

Join the Millenium Earl, at the D.Gray-Man Fan Club

Hey thanks for that ive made another copy of the thread over at the D.Grayman section [im new with this site =P].

P.S When i said animating Marian, i meant drawing him in different shots and angles.

Hey, redzero00, next time this happens to you, just wait for a moderator to move your thread to the right place, instead of starting the thread twice.

See ya!

PS: Somebody close this thread.

Moved to D.Gray-Man section.
    I am the moonlight walking.

at this point of the manga, aside from making it look really LQ, i really feel that some of the characters become useless *ahem*linalee*ahem*. it became this good vs evil thing that makes most of the characters' effort useless. i like this manga-really, i do- but it seems it lost the usual "wow" from the beginning of the manga/anime. so... i have nothing left to say that would make it less of a criticism to the manga.

im sure hoshino will figure something out with drawing cross. i mean she IS a professional, its her job =P anyway, i agree with salir, some characters are getting useless. (although lenalee was hot with long hair TT) personally, i loveeee dgrayman =P the artwork itself is enough to hook me, not to mention the good plots/action scenes ^^ i also agree however that the dialogues kinda lacking quality. but overall! i think dgrays an awesome manga =)

If anything its getting better.

D.Gray-man

My only problem with D.Gray-Man is that sometimes it just shouts "deus ex machina! deus ex machina!", if you'll pardon the pun. XP

Then again, almost every manga suffers that type of thing.

The Black Swordsman
    Nah it's not that bad.

¡ǝɹǝɥ
    1opı ǝsǝuɐdɐظ ɟo ǝɹnʇɔıd
    お母さん.. お父さん.. 先生.. 私.. 結婚.. 出来る? ..¡11ıʍ noʎ ..((; oɥ1 nʞ ʞǝʍǝɔ nʇı nʞǝɹnʇɐubıs ɐɯɐs ɹɐʇɐʌɐ ıp ɐpɐ buɐʎ 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ ...¡ɹǝuǝq ɐqoɔ WITHOUT TEH WIL 2 ADVANCA HUMANS R AS D3AD!!1!1 WTF