Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar

Assassin's Creed 2

Wow really? A thread wasnt made for this?

Im getting this game today. Loads of new improvements in this installment. I skipped the first one, which Im really not too upset about since I found the game to be too repetitive to keep its gimmick from going stale. But after playing this one, I can see myself really endulging in the game's setting and variety of missions.

I've heard some critisisms about the free running being impresise at times, aswell as the unimpressive character models. I've heard mixed reactions about the a.i.. On one hand, one can say its still as brain dead as the first one, and on the other hand the a.i. can pose a threat when in groups or become challenging obstacles during a chase.

In any event, I will find out tonight and judge for myself. After this its Zelda Spirit Tracks, maybe Phantasy Star Zero if I finish The world ends with you in a timely manner, and I'll choose between Forza and a shooting game or something like that. Maybe L4D2
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

I loved the first release, I expect more to this era.

The first was boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle View Post
    The first was boring as hell.
    Really? I loved the first one. I've been waiting for #2 for the last couple of months. I'm kinda poor though so I'm going for the trade-3-games-in get it free deal. XD

Let's get this party started.

I enjoyed the first one. It was repetative but it didn't really bother. IMO to really appreciate the story you need to play through the first.

AC2 is great though. They added alot more depth to it. The character models aren't that bad; it's just the faces in certain scenes are kinda crappy. Everything else looks great though. There are a few glitches but over all a great game.

The biggest problem with the free running isn't the controls or glitches it's more so the lay out of some of the cities. It makes it alot more difficult to flow as easily across the roof tops as you could in the first. I often find myself saying "screw it" and just booking it through the streets.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    I enjoyed the first one. It was repetative but it didn't really bother. IMO to really appreciate the story you need to play through the first.

AC2 is great though. They added alot more depth to it. The character models aren't that bad; it's just the faces in certain scenes are kinda crappy. Everything else looks great though. There are a few glitches but over all a great game.

The biggest problem with the free running isn't the controls or glitches it's more so the lay out of some of the cities. It makes it alot more difficult to flow as easily across the roof tops as you could in the first. I often find myself saying "screw it" and just booking it through the streets.
    What are your thoughts about the enemy a.i.?
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

1st was one sided in my opnion. Always doing the same damn thing, is this any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    What are your thoughts about the enemy a.i.?
    Fight wise they're pretty easy if your good at countering or disarming them (have won 10 v 1 fights lol). They have different armor type (light,mid,heavy) now so not all guards are insta-kill on a counter. They also have a level of morale and after you kill a bunch of their friends some of them decide to run instead of dieing.

Agro system is based off of a level notoriety that you have which can be lowered by random assassination, bribing, or wanted poster destruction. They do sometimes decide to harrass you for seemingly no reason aside from walking to close to them from time to time though.

Several ways to distract them though including paying prostitutes to lure them away from your desired location, carrying a previous victim and tossing it to distract them, or just tossing some money on the ground and causing a scene.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Got it yesterday and it's awesome. I didn't really like the start but thats mostly because I had no weapons but it's gotten alot more interesting.

Is this game the same as the new psp one (gameplay-wise)?

Because I tried the psp one out, never played any of the others, but this psp version is shit.
    I enjoyed stealth games like Tenchu, MGS and Splinter Cell, but if the PS3 Assasins Creed games play like the PSP one then I'm pretty sure it'd be a wasting my money.