Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Cultural differences. Like how there is a difference between English spoken by Americans and British folks.

For example the British call cigarettes fags. Americans call homosexuals, and annoying Harley Davidson bike riders fags. Cultural differences my friend.

Steve what you said was a stereotype btw.
    I just wanted some examples really.

Wtf is a stereotype?
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Cool

What I really want to do is learn japanese first and foremost, then mandarin chinese (also cantonese).

But for now I only speak spanish. No hablo ingles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    What's the difference between Candadian english besides the addtion of "eh" at the end of every sentence?
    I was wondering the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    I just wanted some examples really.

Wtf is a stereotype?
    It's a type of a stereo, very common in the 80's and early 90's.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

I speak fluent British-American hybrid of English (mainly British though), some french and Chinese, and level 3 - level 2ish JLPT Japanese.

Let's get this party started.

Guys, there's a lot of minute differences between Canadian English and American English. The spellings for a lot of words are different such color vs colour, center vs centre, etc. There's a reason why in Microsoft Word, you have the option of picking Canadian English over US English. In terms of pronunciation, it's all the same. However, since I've moved to Canada, my American friends have told me I got a different accent. Obviously, I can't tell myself, but yea that's what they say. I thought I'd just include it since everyone is giving so much detail.

Also, I have no idea about the "eh" at the end of the sentence you mentioned.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Guys, there's a lot of minute differences between Canadian English and American English. The spellings for a lot of words are different such color vs colour, center vs centre, etc.
    ...Isn't that just British English?

For example, I basically just use British English and I spell it colour, defence, ect.

Again, there may be similarities between British English and Canadian English. Though if they were the same, spell checkers would not have a different option for British English and Canadian English. Also, nobody here that I've met has a British accent.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Again, there may be similarities between British English and Canadian English. Though if they were the same, spell checkers would not have a different option for British English and Canadian English. Also, nobody here that I've met has a British accent.
    On my computer it just has "English (US)" and "English (Australian)". Could it just be Canadian computers that have a Canadian language option for spell check? :3

I googled it and found "Difference between Canadian English and British English?
    Canadian English is a mixture of both American English and British English. Some words Canadians spell as the British do; i.e. 'colour', but others they do not."

So if this definition is correct, does that mean I speak Canadian English, as I use a mixture. XD

I guess so. I have Microsoft Office 2009. I don't know what version you're using, but it has all of those options. My laptop is from Korea, so I doubt what country your computer is made from matters lol.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Wouldnt it be correct to call these forms of English a dialect instead?

and the "eh" thing was just a joke I use to harrass my relatives from canada dont take it so seriously XD.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    It's a type of a stereo, very common in the 80's and early 90's.
    I seriously hope for a sarcasm.