Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Actually Aizen has already stated in the previous arc that he has reached the pinnacle of his shinigami powers and has no room left for improvement which would mean that he has obtained bankai + mastered it. This whole chasing after that orb thing (hougkyo or whatever) is because he wants to increase his power past its normal shinigami limits by obtaining hollow powers....

i totally agree with this he says that he reach his limit and want to become stronger! so he want to have the hollow powers!!

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi212121 View Post
    i totally agree with this he says that he reach his limit and want to become stronger! so he want to have the hollow powers!!

aizen said the pennacle of HIS power not the pinnacle of shinigami powers. that still leaves weither or not he has bankai in the air

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Every shinigami rely on their powers to a certain extent, I don't quite see your objection here.

It can only be a gradual change, as well. Also, see my second reply.

Here too, I don't see what you are saying. Kira has always been the gloomy guy, the fact that he has not acheived bankai yet and that it did not occur after Aizen's betrayal just reinforces my point. It's not about varying levels or degrees; a character weaknesses never truly disappears, but a person can still learn how to handle or overcome them when needed, and this was my point. I still don't feel you understand what I meant.

If Kira however had achieved bankai at his darkest moments, then yes, my point would've been refuted, but so far in our knowledge, he hasn't.

I should add, Aizen's shikai is about control. Aizen is a strong believer of alone is strongest, but he is also a very manipulative person and he could not achieve his ways without being so; considering that he doesn't believe in building strong ties to other characters at all, and I think his shikai reflects this part of his nature, too. That at the surface he can seem like someone completely else than who he really is, deep down. I still bet that if he has a bankai it's going to be the completely opposite of his shikai, and it might be a type of weapon that forces him to rely on something else than himself only.
    read/watch the flash backs. kira was not always gloomy. i'll continue my answer later my laptop is about to die

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Higashi View Post
    Ichigo didn't obtain his bankai through traditional methods - at least according to the anime - so of course there are going to be discrepancies between him and other shinigami's when it comes to Zanpakutou interaction and bankai.
    He didn't in the manga either; but all Urahara's invention did was to speed up the process, I assume the process is the same until we are told otherwise.
    read/watch the flash backs. kira was not always gloomy. i'll continue my answer later my laptop is about to die
    I have, and I do think he was still rather gloomy back then too, as in not only acting like he was depressed, but also being the silent lonely guy. Characteristics he still maintains. My point still stands that you would be right if he would be able to achieve bankai now, when he is at his gloomiest moment, but so far he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    He didn't in the manga either; but all Urahara's invention did was to speed up the process, I assume the process is the same until we are told otherwise.

I have, and I do think he was still rather gloomy back then too, as in not only acting like he was depressed, but also being the silent lonely guy. Characteristics he still maintains. My point still stands that you would be right if he would be able to achieve bankai now, when he is at his gloomiest moment, but so far he hasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higashi View Post
    Ichigo didn't obtain his bankai through traditional methods - at least according to the anime - so of course there are going to be discrepancies between him and other shinigami's when it comes to Zanpakutou interaction and bankai.

He did optain his bankai the normal way as every other shinigami, even if it was forced. He had to "materialize" and "Beat into submission" which was done by thr rule, with help. It still follow up the same order.

For Aizen to have his bankai, he'd have to beat an illusion so how'd he do that if his shikai power are useless against his own zanpaktou. Use massive kidou spell since he can use #90+ with out incantation? haha

One Piece

It may also be possible that aizen's zan showed him a fake bankai as it has the ability to hypnotize anyone..