Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Decidedly Undecided

Kenpachi Zaraki possible Shikai ability

I was just doing some thinking, and it dawned on me how easily Kenpachi can cut through just about anything. Here is where the seeds of a new theory were sowed.

If you'll recall, before Ichigo learned Zangetsu's name, he was sort of able to use its abilities, namely Getsuuga Tenshou. Also, Yoruichi stated that Kenpachi's Zanpakuto, like Ichigo's, was in a state of constant release. So, I thought to myself, maybe his ability to cut through basically whatever he hits might be augmented by his insane Reiatsu, like taking a can of aerosol to a lit match to make the fire bigger, but his insane cutting power is his Shikai Ability.

Ready, Set, Discuss!

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

THE ESPADA WILL RISE E S P A D A's Avatar
    its hard to say. Zaraki's overwhelming power of his zanpakuto puts it in the form of the initial release. Due 2 not knowing its name is irrelevant. The overwhelming spiritual power of Zaraki allows him to bypass the need to know its name in order to get his zanpakuto in the shikai form. But because he doesn't know how to call upon his sword's name, he can't use whatever abilities it may have. As to his shikai........ He's in shikai. That's a fact. Yoruichi says quite specifically he's the only captain who hasn't attained BANKAI. All the captains of the Gotei 13 have achieved the shikai. That's the truth. But he can't utilize the shikai of his zanpakuto completely because he doesn't know its name and thus, its abilities (if it has any). But thats just my opinion of the matter.
    The time has come to destroy the village of the leaf.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    I was just doing some thinking, and it dawned on me how easily Kenpachi can cut through just about anything. Here is where the seeds of a new theory were sowed.

If you'll recall, before Ichigo learned Zangetsu's name, he was sort of able to use its abilities, namely Getsuuga Tenshou. Also, Yoruichi stated that Kenpachi's Zanpakuto, like Ichigo's, was in a state of constant release. So, I thought to myself, maybe his ability to cut through basically whatever he hits might be augmented by his insane Reiatsu, like taking a can of aerosol to a lit match to make the fire bigger, but his insane cutting power is his Shikai Ability.

Ready, Set, Discuss!
    well kenpachi did say his blade gets sharper when excited so maybe its power is augmented strikes

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    well kenpachi did say his blade gets sharper when excited so maybe its power is augmented strikes
    You got a chapter for this statement?

I think that was only said in the anime. But I don't remember it either. But then again I watched the anime before the manga so I wouldn't know tbh.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    You got a chapter for this statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I think that was only said in the anime. But I don't remember it either. But then again I watched the anime before the manga so I wouldn't know tbh.
    oops my bad that was the anime. they said that to edit what kenpachi really said

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Well, in any case, Kenpachi's ability to cut through stuff is directly related to his reiatsu. And to add to that, he's physically strong as well. So I believe its more Kenpachi rather than a supposed ability afforded to him by his zanpakuto.

Besides, doesn't his Zanpaktous weaken him for the mentioned reason?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by drgnx View Post
    Besides, doesn't his Zanpaktous weaken him for the mentioned reason?
    IIRC, it's the other way around, Kenpachi's weakening his zanpakutou.

Anyway, Kenpachi's sharpening of his sword is entirely related to his reiatsu and not on his zanpakutou IIRC. If it weren't, then it wouldn't have been used as a plot device to teach Ichigo how to sharpen his own zanpakutou.

ANd we already know Kenpachi's ability, it's the ability to be more awesome than any other person on the battlefield.

I thought it worked both ways.
    Spoiler!