Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    There's a fake Xenogears? . Just kidding. He was probably referring to the PS one, because the other games were called Xenosaga.

Oh, and on topic, old PC turn-based games like Master of Orion 2 and Master of Magic. Eye of the Beholder would probably benefit from newer graphics, too.

EDIT: Oh, and SNES's Front Mission.

Decidedly Undecided
    I have a new one...Metroid needs a remake. Not the series, the original game. They could even put it in First Person, a la Prime, Corruption, and...er...what was the last one?

Edit:It was Prime, Echoes, and then Corruption
    Last edited by Hagane, the Ice Nomad; 11-10-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: order screw-up

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

The whole trilogy is known as Metroid Prime.

To be honest though, I don't want any remakes. I know that remakes can be cool, but I would rather people work on innovative, new ideas rather than remakes.

Jetmoto for the PS one, loved that game.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfuzzy View Post
    The whole trilogy is known as Metroid Prime.

To be honest though, I don't want any remakes. I know that remakes can be cool, but I would rather people work on innovative, new ideas rather than remakes.
    I believe some ideas can be reinvented to produce and innovative, fresh experience aswell. Especially if the remake is at a substnatial gap of time from the original. Prince of Persia for example. But I understand what you mean.

Fricken Shenmune can use one. The Mother(Earthbound) games could sure use a console iteration.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

ohhh, I agree with that one, I really got engrossed in Shenmue, I'd never played anything like it at the time.
    I think all they would need to do is update the graphics a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Xenogears, Nothing needs a remake more than Xenogears.
    A remake of Super Robot Wars Alpha for PS3 would be kewl too.

**hears Xenogears and goes into ID frenzy mode!!!

Another fan of this epic game Xenogears was the best rpg for the Ps1 hands down.

Xenosaga is not the same thing altho some of the same people went over to make it its just NOT!

There is no comparison Xenogears is the real deal! This would be so epic if remade and they could spend more time fleshing out the rushed parts on disk 2.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I loved the Xenosaga series too actually :o
    A remake of them wouldn't be bad either (although they're not that old), 3 games was too short for the story, so like 4 really long epic Xenosaga games on the ps3 would be mint

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    I believe some ideas can be reinvented to produce and innovative, fresh experience aswell. Especially if the remake is at a substnatial gap of time from the original. Prince of Persia for example. But I understand what you mean.

Fricken Shenmune can use one. The Mother(Earthbound) games could sure use a console iteration.
    I think you're using the word remake wrong. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/remake

At least what I mean by remake is taking a game, and updating it for a new console. What you described is expanding upon a franchise. Which I certainly believe is a good thing, but must be done with caution.

Although the video game industry is known for making a lot of sequels, and expanding upon already established IP's(intellectual properties), it has not hit the near rut that the movie industry has. New IP's are come with all the time, and are very necessary to keeping things fresh.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfuzzy View Post
    I think you're using the word remake wrong. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/remake

At least what I mean by remake is taking a game, and updating it for a new console. What you described is expanding upon a franchise. Which I certainly believe is a good thing, but must be done with caution.

Although the video game industry is known for making a lot of sequels, and expanding upon already established IP's(intellectual properties), it has not hit the near rut that the movie industry has. New IP's are come with all the time, and are very necessary to keeping things fresh.
    I used "remake" interchangeably with "reinvent" sry.

I agree with both of our points. New games(ip's) and revisiting and expanding upon existing ideas are imperative to keeping things fresh. But fresh isn't always good. There are just too many things that'll lead into a discussion about the industry as a whole so I'll stop here.

I thought about this game today:

Jump Ultimate Stars. Needs one BADLY. I wish the game had downloadable content. Then it can update the characters. But all the content probably wont even fit on the damn thing.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...