Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: End of the year

End of the year

So the end of the year is a bit of a let down. There are loads of games going to be released, yes. But shit, almost everything got delayed; Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, etc. etc. On the plus-side we got Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Assasin's Creed 2, and even more but I forgot them.
    Don't get me wrong: those are great games. In fact; I can't wait to get my hands on Assasin's and CoD, but my heart has been broken by all those delays
    We all know the main reason: the fear for Modern Warfare 2. Every publisher is so scared for Modern Warfare 2, they decide to delay the games to summer '10. Which can be great too, the games are getting more polishing time. But man, I don't truly understand why there is that much hype for CoD. Eventhough Modern Warfare was a true gem of a game, it wasn't THAT ground-breaking or revolutionnizing, perks were new, yes. But I prefered playing without them, they feel a bit like cheating. Either way, Modern Warfare won't be leaving my disk-tray until Assasin's Creed 2 arrives, and it will be staying in there when I finish that game. It's just a nice to play shooter, a bit overrated, but good nonetheless.
    Anyways, what will you be getting for Christmas? How do you feel about CoD:MW2? What are your expectations for Assasin's 2? Should L4D 2 have been DLC? One thing is for sure; I can't wait for the Christmas holidays, I have some games to play (and some girls to "make love with (read:fuck), but that's another story)

I'm only waiting for Diablo III and Dragon Ball Online. I will just dl Diablo and finish the single player. As for DB, I'll buy it and actually pay to play it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    I'm only waiting for Diablo III and Dragon Ball Online. I will just dl Diablo and finish the single player. As for DB, I'll buy it and actually pay to play it.
    whens DB online coming out?

Ive got cod:mw2 preordered and still deciding if i should get ac2 or l4d on release date but will be buying both.

Decidedly Undecided
    Hmmmm...I guess I'll just get BrĂ¼tal Legend. Yeah, late to the party, but aetter late than never, rite?

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    whens DB online coming out?

Ive got cod:mw2 preordered and still deciding if i should get ac2 or l4d on release date but will be buying both.
    The release date for Japan will be in November 2009. This will be the open beta for the online game. The closed beta has already been released, you can check it out at dbmmo.com. The release date for USA is TBA, but I believe it will be around Feb. 2010.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

I should go for AC2 if I were you, you have your shooter needs covered with MW2 so why not go for the action/adventure/open world game?
    Dragon Age seems tempting too, but I'm not that much of a fantasy guy.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Brutal Legend already came out so I'm good on that. All I need is a PS3 with LittleBigPlanet and Borderlands and I'll be good.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Brutal Legend already came out so I'm good on that. All I need is a PS3 with LittleBigPlanet and Borderlands and I'll be good.
    Don't forget Uncharted 2, it's amazing

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Don't forget Uncharted 2, it's amazing
    I'm well aware but I want LBP and Borderlands far more. Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles are above Uncharted on the list as well.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    I should go for AC2 if I were you, you have your shooter needs covered with MW2 so why not go for the action/adventure/open world game?
    Dragon Age seems tempting too, but I'm not that much of a fantasy guy.
    im thinking of biting the bullet and just getting both and then i wont be getting any new games until FFXII.

Thanks shadow.