Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar

theory: Zangetsu is the antithesis of Kyōka Suigetsu

Just a thought but maybe ichigo is supposed to be the the one to beat aizen (not only because kubo says ao but because of something i thought of the other day) zangetsu means moon cutter while Kyōka Suigetsu means Mirror Flower, Water Moon. now the importance of the names is kind of good foreshadowing on kubo's part in my opinion. Mirror Flower, Water Moon kid of hints at Kyōka Suigetsu abilities a bit. i thought of this before i read the artical on Kyōka Suigetsu stating "The name Kyōka Suigetsu hints at its illusionary properties; the moon reflected in water and a flower in a mirror are things that can be seen but not held. It is a Chinese saying for seeing and desiring something that is a dream that cannot be easily grasped in hand, teaching people about temptations".

now look at the name moon cutter. as it implies it can cut the moon but in ichigo's case with his first fight with aizen he was pretty much pwned but also at this point he hadn't had too much expereince with his bankai tensa zangetsu (heavenly moon cutter).

now if anyone knows he story of the baboon and the moon the baboon sank in the water trying to grab at the moon's reflection because of the illusion of the moon in the water when actually the moon is in the sky or as most people would like to say "heavens". like the moon in this story no one can grasp aizen because of his "moons" reflection. this is where ichigo comes in. as mentioned by unohana ichigo is the only shingami not to be fooled by aizens shikai but in this particular case its gonna take tensa zangetsu to beat Kyōka Suigetsu because of the simple fact that in order to cut a moon thats in the heavens you'll need a "heavenly moon cutter". but the trump is getsuga tenshou "Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer" because of ichigo's need to not see aizens shikai zangetsu's longrange capabilities are his greatest asset at this point. the moon cutter can pierce the heavens with its fang and cut the moon reflected off the water.

so in conclusion of having nothing to do this friday evening, the moon cutter shall cut the water moon.
    Last edited by Amargo Deathscythe; 11-07-2009 at 02:57 AM.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Decidedly Undecided
    Good theory, Amargo. Well put-together. Could you get me the link to the baboon moon story? It sounds like a good read...

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Good theory, Amargo. Well put-together. Could you get me the link to the baboon moon story? It sounds like a good read...
    funny thing is byakuya actually tells the story to renji when he is fighting him. it's really just a short story stating don't be fooled by what you think you see

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Good theory man, i didn't think about the name of their zanpaktou. I remembered the story byakuya was telling when he pwned renji. But i actually think that theory might come to past, maybe not the exact way but similar. maybe getsuga tensho will blast away reality or better yet who ever holds the sword zangetsu which is ichigo can't be affected by the illusion like tousen's bankai if u are not holding the sword u are deaf and blind.

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan360 View Post
    Good theory man, i didn't think about the name of their zanpaktou. I remembered the story byakuya was telling when he pwned renji. But i actually think that theory might come to past, maybe not the exact way but similar. maybe getsuga tensho will blast away reality or better yet who ever holds the sword zangetsu which is ichigo can't be affected by the illusion like tousen's bankai if u are not holding the sword u are deaf and blind.
    or getsuga tenshou will break Kyōka Suigetsu and release the illusion

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

If Kubo is going to give Getsuga Tensho another powerup more than it being black then it would be effing cool. I've been dying to see Ichigo learning a new attack for ages (no, the hollow mask isn't a new attack..).

Well, we will see what happens, although I am not surprised if Kubo planned this all this time ahead.

I know how it will work! Zangetsu will glow all red and junk...and then break through Aizen's invisible barri...I mean illusion! Then bam! Windsca-- err Getsuga Tensho to the teeth!!

Quote Originally Posted by squadzero View Post
    i know how it will work! Zangetsu will glow all red and junk...and then break through aizen's invisible barri...i mean illusion! Then bam! Windsca-- err getsuga tensho to the teeth!!
    lmao

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    If Kubo is going to give Getsuga Tensho another powerup more than it being black then it would be effing cool. I've been dying to see Ichigo learning a new attack for ages (no, the hollow mask isn't a new attack..).

Well, we will see what happens, although I am not surprised if Kubo planned this all this time ahead.
    yeah it would be nice to see ichigo win a fight just using his shinigami powers without becoming a hollow. kubo foreshadows alot, it's just a matter of catching it

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    Just a thought but maybe ichigo is supposed to be the the one to beat aizen (not only because kubo says ao but because of something i thought of the other day) zangetsu means moon cutter while Kyōka Suigetsu means Mirror Flower, Water Moon. now the importance of the names is kind of good foreshadowing on kubo's part in my opinion. Mirror Flower, Water Moon kid of hints at Kyōka Suigetsu abilities a bit. i thought of this before i read the artical on Kyōka Suigetsu stating "The name Kyōka Suigetsu hints at its illusionary properties; the moon reflected in water and a flower in a mirror are things that can be seen but not held. It is a Chinese saying for seeing and desiring something that is a dream that cannot be easily grasped in hand, teaching people about temptations".

now look at the name moon cutter. as it implies it can cut the moon but in ichigo's case with his first fight with aizen he was pretty much pwned but also at this point he hadn't had too much expereince with his bankai tensa zangetsu (heavenly moon cutter).

now if anyone knows he story of the baboon and the moon the baboon sank in the water trying to grab at the moon's reflection because of the illusion of the moon in the water when actually the moon is in the sky or as most people would like to say "heavens". like the moon in this story no one can grasp aizen because of his "moons" reflection. this is where ichigo comes in. as mentioned by unohana ichigo is the only shingami not to be fooled by aizens shikai but in this particular case its gonna take tensa zangetsu to beat Kyōka Suigetsu because of the simple fact that in order to cut a moon thats in the heavens you'll need a "heavenly moon cutter". but the trump is getsuga tenshou "Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer" because of ichigo's need to not see aizens shikai zangetsu's longrange capabilities are his greatest asset at this point. the moon cutter can pierce the heavens with its fang and cut the moon reflected off the water.

so in conclusion of having nothing to do this friday evening, the moon cutter shall cut the water moon.
    LMAO I had the same idea a while ago. Great minds think alike. If you go back you'll also find that Byakuga said something similar to Renji. Something like, no matter how long you reach, your fangs will never reach me(he was referencing the proverb, with Renji's efforts being the fangs, while he is the moon.).
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...