The Pigeon Detectives

Check this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kKeFWV8Nc

Thanks Blue hime!

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    ^ its all about what you like most

for you dubstep fans/listeners
    Jamie Vex'd - Radiant Industry
    The point is: I'm not sure which one I prefer.

Yesterday I went to The killers concert
    Just awesome
    The killers-Bogota

Thanks Blue hime!

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Variable bitrate (or something like that), equal quality to 356 bits. It might be a transcode though, but it doesn't sound like it.
    VBR doesn't relate to any specific bitrate.. You can have a VBR of 320kbps... Or 128kbps... Or 12780147392173027321830281301kbps... All it means is the bitrate varies, but the average is n.

And I've never heard of dubstep referred to as indie.. Seems a little strange that people call it that in Belgium.

Fave dubstep:

Burial,
    Kode9,
    Boxcutter,
    Martyn,

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    VBR doesn't relate to any specific bitrate.. You can have a VBR of 320kbps... Or 128kbps... Or 12780147392173027321830281301kbps... All it means is the bitrate varies, but the average is n.

And I've never heard of dubstep referred to as indie.. Seems a little strange that people call it that in Belgium.

Fave dubstep:

Burial,
    Kode9,
    Boxcutter,
    Martyn,
    Most VBR releases are comparable to 356 bitrates. And btw, this thread isn't only about "true" indie, heck even the Killers were noted. But more the entire scene, the hip and alternative types. There is no good word or that, as far as I know. so yeah. I'd rather not use the Indie name, but since that is the best known name for this whole music-sub culture, I chose it. And I bet that Indie looks good on the dancefloor is a pretty catchy title

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Most VBR releases are comparable to 356 bitrates. And btw, this thread isn't only about "true" indie, heck even the Killers were noted. But more the entire scene, the hip and alternative types. There is no good word or that, as far as I know. so yeah. I'd rather not use the Indie name, but since that is the best known name for this whole music-sub culture, I chose it. And I bet that Indie looks good on the dancefloor is a pretty catchy title
    lol what? The indie scene is the indie scene... The dnb scene is the dnb scene... What the hell do you mean by "hip and alternative types"?

And you're talking bollocks about the VBR. All mp3s you ever download will probably have a variable bitrate. All it means is the bitrate varies, nothing more.

lol what? The indie scene is the indie scene... The dnb scene is the dnb scene... What the hell do you mean by "hip and alternative types"?

And you're talking bollocks about the VBR. All mp3s you ever download will probably have a variable bitrate. All it means is the bitrate varies, nothing more.
    In Holland, it's different. You have the hip and alternative types, and the hip and alternative types listen to everything stated in the OP (Indie rock/pop, shoegaze, dubstep, etc.)

And ohh nvm then :')

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Fair enough, but I'm guessing you don't call it Indie?

Been listening to a bit of marmaduke duke recently - pretty good band.

Fair enough, but I'm guessing you don't call it Indie?

Been listening to a bit of marmaduke duke recently - pretty good band.
    I'd rather not, Indie is a way to over used word. Especially when people call Hockey indie. They are signed to EMI for fucks sake.