Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I bet that indie looks good on the dancefloor

Personal pick of the month:

This thread is about everything considered indie or that's being accepted by the indie-scene. So post-punk, dubstep, grime, electro, shoegazing and stuff like that are welcome too. So do you like the super-genre? Do you hate bloody hipsters? Are you a hipster? Please post!

Handy links:
    Rate your music
    Last.FM
    Pitchfork
    Drowned in Sound

Do you like the bravery?

This is one of my favorite bands, is a really nice sound!
    this is a great song
    Fearless

here is a link if you want to download the whole album http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PXEHRR3C

Thanks Blue hime!

thanks for the link, pat ;D
    Such a shame most mangareaders only listen to what they know, or what others listen :<

Oh it's such a shame. I'm not a huge fan of indie music, but I do happen to have a couple of friends who are in(What I think is) an indie band.

Check em out: myspace.com/theeasternsea

I do like the bravery, and my fav song would have to be Time won't let me go.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Some parts of the indie scene are exploding at the moment.

Bands like; Tubelord, Blakfish, This town needs guns.

Combining alot of math-rock elements into indie songwriting, and doing it great.

Taking ALOT of influence from bands like SikTh and Meet me in St Louis.

Me likey - Infact, should be seeing Blakfish with Gay for Johnny Depp in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    Some parts of the indie scene are exploding at the moment.

Bands like; Tubelord, Blakfish, This town needs guns.

Combining alot of math-rock elements into indie songwriting, and doing it great.

Taking ALOT of influence from bands like SikTh and Meet me in St Louis.

Me likey - Infact, should be seeing Blakfish with Gay for Johnny Depp in a week or so.
    Never really been into Blakfish, but that could be just me. Sounded a bit too hardcore for my tastes.

Btw, have you read the article by Azerrad about the Tubelord song? It was nice read.

Currently exploring the world of inaccesible and hip shoegazing, which has some ups and downs. Mostly interested in the group Skywave, they split up back in the day and now we have Screen Vinyl Image and A Place to Bury Strangers coming from the ex-members.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Never really been into Blakfish, but that could be just me. Sounded a bit too hardcore for my tastes.

Btw, have you read the article by Azerrad about the Tubelord song? It was nice read.

Currently exploring the world of inaccesible and hip shoegazing, which has some ups and downs. Mostly interested in the group Skywave, they split up back in the day and now we have Screen Vinyl Image and A Place to Bury Strangers coming from the ex-members.
    Just read it now, quite interesting, but a little retarded. Its quite clearly not serious...

On the Blakfish note, try the songs "Randy Sage True American Hero" and "Ringo Star, 2nd best drummer in the Beatles"

http://www.muzu.tv/thefly/blakfish-r...051?country=gb

Both tracks from the album (which is on spotify), and both alot softer than their EP stuff (though the EP stuff is definitely of higher quality)

I listened to the Bury Strangers album earlier, pretty good.

Just read it now, quite interesting, but a little retarded. Its quite clearly not serious...

On the Blakfish note, try the songs "Randy Sage True American Hero" and "Ringo Star, 2nd best drummer in the Beatles"

http://www.muzu.tv/thefly/blakfish-r...051?country=gb

Both tracks from the album (which is on spotify), and both alot softer than their EP stuff (though the EP stuff is definitely of higher quality)

I listened to the Bury Strangers album earlier, pretty good.
    Started listening to Blakfish (See You in Another City) again, and while the music sounds pretty good, the shouting is just a bit too much. Does the album feature the shouting?

On a different note: Going to the Arctic Monkeys tonight, but somehow I'm not as exited as I should be :/

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Started listening to Blakfish (See You in Another City) again, and while the music sounds pretty good, the shouting is just a bit too much. Does the album feature the shouting?

On a different note: Going to the Arctic Monkeys tonight, but somehow I'm not as exited as I should be :/
    The album is ALOT less shouty. It still has it at times, normally to accent a particular bit in a lyric etc.

See you in another city is great though, but then again, my fave band's SikTh, and they're basically another level in shoutyness again.

But yeah, in conclusion - album's softer, and still awesome.

Them Crooked Vultures has been leaked, not really indie but since I saw them on their 2nd gig I figured I should post that it has been leaked. Really not my thing, but if it is your thing I think you will love it

The album is ALOT less shouty. It still has it at times, normally to accent a particular bit in a lyric etc.

See you in another city is great though, but then again, my fave band's SikTh, and they're basically another level in shoutyness again.

But yeah, in conclusion - album's softer, and still awesome.
    I'll try to get my hands on it then