Initiate

Where can I find better quality translations of early chapters?

I recently started reading the manga series again from the very beginning, and I'm pretty frustrated with the extremely poor quality translations in the early manga-rain scanlations. I'm talking about chapters 50, 51, 52, and 62 on for a while.

I've searched for scans of those chapters by other groups, but it seems to me every manga reader has the same scans as mangashare! I don't mean to flame manga-rain, but does anyone know where I can find some better quality translations for those early chapters?

Nowhere. Maybe in 35 years Ju-ni'll have them. And if you searched HQ chapters (of any series) on online manga readers for you're doing it wrong.

Have you tried lurk? Go to gotlurk.net, and maybe they have the best quality translation archived.

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    Nowhere. Maybe in 35 years Ju-ni'll have them. And if you searched HQ chapters (of any series) on online manga readers for you're doing it wrong.
    I don't care about the quality of the image. It's the translation that irks me. Example: http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...6/page019.html

I highly doubt these chapters have only one scanlation; I see most of the later chapters have several. I just haven't been able to locate one done by another group.

Bleach has been released for, what, around 6 or 7 years now. The scene back then wasn't as big as it is now.

if you buy the manga books of it in the store, then you will get the best quality
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    if you buy the manga books of it in the store, then you will get the best quality
    ^^This right here. Unless you buy the manga, you won't find better quality translations of the earlier chapters. You'll just have to live with what's already out there for those earlier chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyo View Post
    I don't care about the quality of the image. It's the translation that irks me. Example: http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...6/page019.html

I highly doubt these chapters have only one scanlation; I see most of the later chapters have several. I just haven't been able to locate one done by another group.
    There weren't many scanlation groups back when Bleach started, nor it was so popular that it attracted the attention of multiple groups.

lol I just had to doublecheck that translation with my tankubon. The translation by Viz isn't perfect either, but at least they got Zangetsu right ^^