Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2

    Where can I find better quality translations of early chapters?

    I recently started reading the manga series again from the very beginning, and I'm pretty frustrated with the extremely poor quality translations in the early manga-rain scanlations. I'm talking about chapters 50, 51, 52, and 62 on for a while.

    I've searched for scans of those chapters by other groups, but it seems to me every manga reader has the same scans as mangashare! I don't mean to flame manga-rain, but does anyone know where I can find some better quality translations for those early chapters?

  2. #2
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ L0ki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    160
    Nowhere. Maybe in 35 years Ju-ni'll have them. And if you searched HQ chapters (of any series) on online manga readers for you're doing it wrong.

  3. #3
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Have you tried lurk? Go to gotlurk.net, and maybe they have the best quality translation archived.

  4. #4
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    Nowhere. Maybe in 35 years Ju-ni'll have them. And if you searched HQ chapters (of any series) on online manga readers for you're doing it wrong.
    I don't care about the quality of the image. It's the translation that irks me. Example: http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...6/page019.html

    I highly doubt these chapters have only one scanlation; I see most of the later chapters have several. I just haven't been able to locate one done by another group.

  5. #5
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Bleach has been released for, what, around 6 or 7 years now. The scene back then wasn't as big as it is now.

  6. #6
    GAI SENSEI 4 HOKAGE bankai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    doing your mom
    Posts
    3,189
    if you buy the manga books of it in the store, then you will get the best quality
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

    Spoiler!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    if you buy the manga books of it in the store, then you will get the best quality
    ^^This right here. Unless you buy the manga, you won't find better quality translations of the earlier chapters. You'll just have to live with what's already out there for those earlier chapters.

  8. #8
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ L0ki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyo View Post
    I don't care about the quality of the image. It's the translation that irks me. Example: http://read.mangashare.com/Bleach/ch...6/page019.html

    I highly doubt these chapters have only one scanlation; I see most of the later chapters have several. I just haven't been able to locate one done by another group.
    There weren't many scanlation groups back when Bleach started, nor it was so popular that it attracted the attention of multiple groups.

  9. #9
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    lol I just had to doublecheck that translation with my tankubon. The translation by Viz isn't perfect either, but at least they got Zangetsu right ^^
    Avatar and signature by me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •