Thread: Borderlands

Borderlands

Taken from Wiki
    Borderlands is a science fiction first-person shooter with RPG elements (a role-playing shooter) that was developed by Gearbox Software for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The console versions of the game were released in North America on October 20, 2009, and were released in PAL countries on October 23. The Windows version released on October 26 for North America and will follow on October 30 for the rest of the world.[1] The game was first revealed in the September 2007 issue of Game Informer magazine.[4]

Borderlands features four player online cooperative play, which allows players to join and leave games whenever they want to, along with other single-player and multiplayer modes, and a very large amount of weapons. Players can choose from four different playable characters who each have their own unique abilities and skill trees.[4] In addition, players may have access to customizable vehicles for "vehicular combat" and will also be able to customize their pre-selected character. Defeated enemies will sometimes drop equipment, which is then available for players to pick up. The game is described by Gearbox Software as an "RPS," or "role-playing shooter."

Coop gameplay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x75aR...eature=related

I just got the game yesterday, and I think it's really addicting. Anyone got the game as well?

Never heard of it but thxs for loading the video.

Wish you could play with more than 4 people tho I love online shooters with 12 or more players.

So in the rpg side can you go into towns and buy things and do quests?

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I really like this entire concept of a game. It's the RPG/FPS that Bioshock tried so hard to be. The style that the graphics are presented in is beautiful as well. Really wish I could pick this up.

Oh and POW? Yes. The town does have shops and quests like a traditional RPG.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I love this game, I'm a level 23 hunter . I didn't know if I was going to like it because I HATED Fallout 3 and they're in the same genre. It is really addicting and Gearbox is standing behind their game. They've already released a patch, fixing a few minor bugs.
    LeggoMyWebbo

I want to gt it but imma wait til Steam does a discount promotion for it.

just hit 50 with my soldier, its cool!
    Last edited by Frost102585; 11-03-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    all these faces look like they're thinking but aren't

I was liking the look and feel of the first Borderlands trailers better, but I still have to pick this one up so I shouldn't judge.
    Btw, does this play more like Far Cry 2, but more intresting?