Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Decidedly Undecided

Unhappy Sleep Issue Help

Okay, I've been having trouble trying to get to sleep at a normal time. I have tried every method I can think of, even staying up all night and all day so I'd be tired...I am running on a total of 20 hours of sleep these past few weeks. I NEED HELP!!!

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Wrong place....moved to the Watercooler
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Tough One. The best answer is to try and identify what causes your insomnia. If you can't do that, there are over-the-counter sleep aids.

Unfortunately the sleep aids are not ideal and should not be used indefinitely. There are also prescription meds from a doctor. Those are not really ideal either since natural sleep is best.

I'd suggest you resist the temptation of using Alcohol, because it has side effects including diminishing effectiveness, short, unsatisfactory sleep, dehydration and even weight-gain from raw calories.

If you can identify what has caused your sleep issues, I'd suggest the non-prescription over-the-counter aids for now.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Decidedly Undecided
    Well, the alcohol thing won't be a problem, since I am only 19 and live in the US, where the drinking age is 21...

Also, the sleep aids are a no-go. My mother seems to believe the government is trying to poison us all, so she got rid of all of our medicine that sounds like a power rangers villain.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Okay, I've been having trouble trying to get to sleep at a normal time. I have tried every method I can think of, even staying up all night and all day so I'd be tired...I am running on a total of 20 hours of sleep these past few weeks. I NEED HELP!!!
    I think a large part of insomnia is tension and the inability to relax that keeps you up especially if you are in a period of time where you are having long stressful days so your in no rush to sleep and start all over again.

I know from working nights that once you get use to staying up late it becomes a habit and so the best method is sometimes to build a routine at night so that your in bed by a certain time.

Sometimes turning on the A/c or a fan in your room helps and a nice cool shower also helps you body relax as when its hot is very hard to relax and sleep.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Veteran Member
    Is your sleep deprivation a result of staying up late (and probably getting up early)? Or do you have trouble sleeping whenever you go to bed?

Read the MangaShare Liberalism Vs Conservatism Debate thread, it worked for me.

!! God Of Bleachtardz !! Silent Assassin's Avatar
    Im just seeing how much I can type in this box before the space runs out...hmm this is taki..ah..ohh
    I also have this problem. I have had it since I was a kid. I could stay awake all day and the next day be tired.. but not too tired and dont get any bags. Weird... But im used 2 it now. .I just pull a allnighter everynight

"Never argue with an idiot...
    First they stoop you to their level, and then they beat you with experience." -
    Silent Assassin

THE GOD OF BLEACHTARDZ

engaging in activities that stimulate your imagination, gives you an adrinaline rush, or even activating your senses (such as video games, interesting/intriguing movies or books, a heated conversation or even just daydreaming) at night could lead to insomnia, so you better try to avoid these things at night, in short think void and do nothing (at least for two hourrs before your bed time) but that proved impossible
    so...
    try a cup of warm milk before going to bed (it was proven somewhere sometime that it helps), don't start anything that requires heavy thinking, reading a short boring book can help -or something you read like zillion times like old comics/manga- , do not watch tv nor stay in front of you monitor for a long time in the evening it can make you restless (differs from one person to the other though), and if it was invitable, relax your mind and eyes before heading to bed (like look at something calming or whatever), music can help some people sleep depending on what music makes you relax, a warm relaxing shower, herbal tea, relaxing thoughts (not daydreaming though) in general (just quit being so tense),

personally only tiring my mind works for me, but that probably is not sufficient for most people.

Also, the sleep aids are a no-go. My mother seems to believe the government is trying to poison us all, so she got rid of all of our medicine that sounds like a power rangers villain.
    funny XD, however, sleeping pills can be addictive, specially if you depnded on them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I think a large part of insomnia is tension and the inability to relax that keeps you up especially if you are in a period of time where you are having long stressful days so your in no rush to sleep and start all over again.

I know from working nights that once you get use to staying up late it becomes a habit and so the best method is sometimes to build a routine at night so that your in bed by a certain time.

Sometimes turning on the A/c or a fan in your room helps and a nice cool shower also helps you body relax as when its hot is very hard to relax and sleep.
    agree with all, but I thought warm baths were relaxing (since it warm water helps releasing the tension in muscles(?)) not cool showers, but I could be wrong, and it differs from one to another

Quote Originally Posted by Gohanssj237 View Post
    Read the MangaShare Liberalism Vs Conservatism Debate thread, it worked for me.
    LOL this post and your avatar is pure win.

Also take two Benadryls. Will knock you out. Just don't get addicted to it like I did. I need that shit man.