Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Nintendo...

  1. #11
    Persona Lover Wizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    And wow. Guess what. The PS3 is a kids toy as well.
    Far from the truth. Anyways, if you guys want to start a console war, we have a special dedicated thread for it.

  2. #12
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Actually read what you're talking about. That $200 pricetag is from the exchange rate. Its the exact same price as the DSi is now. And how would people be fucked over royally? Is Nintendo going to force them to go out and buy it? And there is no way in hell this could ever be a bigger rip off than the Go. Guess what, you don't have to rebuy all of your games if you get this.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6238345...enews;title;14

    The price is higher than I even expcted. People who bought the Dsi who plan to buy the Dsi LL, are fucked over because dsi purchases are non-transferrable atm. Not to mention that dsi owners who believed that the dsi was the handheld's epitome for this generation, will be disappointed that they could have waited just 1 more year to buy this. And with this knowledge on the pricetag, this can be just as big of a rip off as the go. Not only that, but Iwata is entertaining the possibilty of making the dsi LL digital download only like the Go.

    My problem with this is that there is no progression. Its just a redesign with no substantial improvements to warrant any excitement imo. I respect that Nintendo wants to expand their aduience and cater primarily to the senior citizen demographic. But atleast keep the fans happy with every new venture is all Im saying.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  3. #13
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6238345...enews;title;14

    The price is higher than I even expcted. People who bought the Dsi who plan to buy the Dsi LL, are fucked over because dsi purchases are non-transferrable atm. Not to mention that dsi owners who believed that the dsi was the handheld's epitome for this generation, will be disappointed that they could have waited just 1 more year to buy this. And with this knowledge on the pricetag, this can be just as big of a rip off as the go. Not only that, but Iwata is entertaining the possibilty of making the dsi LL digital download only like the Go.
    I think those owners should have just wised up beforehand and bought the DS's true epitome, the DS Lite.

    And nothing can be as big a rip off as the Go unless it's also digital download only. There's no reason for current owners to buy it since they can't play any of the games they already own on it. If the DSi LL is the same way then I expect it to have about the same piss-poor sales as the Go.


    Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

    Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

    MyAnimeList MyMangaList

  4. #14
    Senior Member Suichimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6238345...enews;title;14

    The price is higher than I even expcted. People who bought the Dsi who plan to buy the Dsi LL, are fucked over because dsi purchases are non-transferrable atm. Not to mention that dsi owners who believed that the dsi was the handheld's epitome for this generation, will be disappointed that they could have waited just 1 more year to buy this. And with this knowledge on the pricetag, this can be just as big of a rip off as the go. Not only that, but Iwata is entertaining the possibilty of making the dsi LL digital download only like the Go.

    My problem with this is that there is no progression. Its just a redesign with no substantial improvements to warrant any excitement imo. I respect that Nintendo wants to expand their aduience and cater primarily to the senior citizen demographic. But atleast keep the fans happy with every new venture is all Im saying.
    You expected it to be cheaper than the DSi is now?

    For the statement in bold, just look at the technical specs:
    DSi XL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

    4.2" screen, TFT color liquid crystal (260,000 colors)
    Width 161.0mm
    Length 91.4mm
    Thickness 21.2mm
    Stylus length: 96.0mm
    Large stylus length: 129.3mm
    Weight: 314g
    Battery life: 4-5 hours maximum brightness, 13-17 hours minimum brightness
    Charging time: 3 hours (when fully depleted)
    --DS card slot
    --SD memory card slot
    --AC adapter
    --Stereo headphone/Microphone connected terminal
    Your DS games are in no danger.


    As for the next announcement concerning the DS hardware that we should be concerned with. Wait until Nintendo gets around to announcing the DS2. GDC or E3 seems like a good bet for that.

  5. #15
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    You expected it to be cheaper than the DSi is now?

    For the statement in bold, just look at the technical specs:


    Your DS games are in no danger.


    As for the next announcement concerning the DS hardware that we should be concerned with. Wait until Nintendo gets around to announcing the DS2. GDC or E3 seems like a good bet for that.
    Well I expected it to be atleast cheaper than the wii.

    And sorry I mistook the article for something else. I believe that nintendo is already developing the next gen portable hardware. Its just the lacklustre ones they've been producing lately that's been ticking me off. But no biggie. Im perfectly satisfied with my DS Lite =)
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

  6. #16
    GEORGE! Simian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dordrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,639
    The DSi XL (European naming) is the DSi for old people, they have trouble reading so a larger DSi would be ideal.
    And for everyone hating the Go; What's so horrible about it? It's just Sony experimenting stuff for the PSP2.

  7. #17
    Previously NarutoSageMode Sh_tHappenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    714

    I dont no if its real but it might be fake but it looks cool. If im right that is super mario galaxy/2 but its still a rip off.


    I was Previously that noob you use to pick on called NarutosageMode

  8. #18
    Senior Member Suichimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSageMode View Post

    I dont no if its real but it might be fake but it looks cool. If im right that is super mario galaxy/2 but its still a rip off.
    Obviously a fake, but how would that be a rip off? That would be an absolutely huge boost over the current DS.

  9. #19
    Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amegakure (Wasington state)
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    The DSi XL (European naming) is the DSi for old people, they have trouble reading so a larger DSi would be ideal.
    And for everyone hating the Go; What's so horrible about it? It's just Sony experimenting stuff for the PSP2.
    I'll get one for my Grandpa! He had a GameBoy before I did, so he needs an upgrade!
    Spoiler!




    72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

  10. #20
    GEORGE! Simian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dordrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-Sama View Post
    I'll get one for my Grandpa! He had a GameBoy before I did, so he needs an upgrade!
    It's only smart to cover the entire market. And it's not like Nintendo is forcing you to buy the DSi XL, it might be clever for (I.E) your grandpa, or far-sighted people

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •