Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: gray error.

gray error.

hollowfication- when a shinigami dons their hollow powers. they become a gray not of the white or black that is hollows and shinigamis. this makes sense to me because the person doing this embraces all the power they can.

shinigamification- when a hollow seals there power into a zanpakuto. this doesnt make sense to me. they do not truly embrace the shinigami side of power. they do not have the abilty of a bankai or even shikai. they still are of a hollows hue albeit in a different shade.

lets do some math

h-ification: 2(shinigami) plus 2(hollow) equals 4(vizard)
    s-ification: 2 (hollow) minus 2 (sealing) plus 2 (resurrection) equal still 2.

the hogyoku doesn't look as though it dissolves the boundaries completely... because regardless of who its used on that being still takes preference to one side...

ichigo seems to be the only one capable of becoming a true gray.....

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

I don't quite get what you're trying to say, but Shinigamification just means that Hollows take on some characteristics of a shinigami. The main characteristics being their overall appearance and they gain a sword in which their true form and power is stored. Much like the sealed state of shinigami's zanpakuto where its true appearance and power is stored until shikai/bankai is called.

what im getting at is that the arrancar are not truly a blur of shinigamis and hollows, where as vizards are closer to being that blur.

the hogyoku is an imperfect tool in creating the blur and the only person to be the closes thing to being what i call "the gray" is ichigo, who is being coming as so threw natural means.

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

I get what you say, but I don't get why you disagree about the differences. The Hogukyoku was never supposed to completely remove the differences between shinigami and hollow, just some of them. They still retain their basic powers after the transformation. The difference is that hollows and shinigami function differently and hollows cannot be "upgraded" naturally. This is more a problem from Kubo not originally planning hollows to transform like they can now than an issue of true merging.

Also, Ulquiorra had several releases; can't these be compared to a shinigami release? I really don't see your problem. There is no claim whatsoever that it should be possible to become a true merge of shinigami and hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I get what you say, but I don't get why you disagree about the differences. The Hogukyoku was never supposed to completely remove the differences between shinigami and hollow, just some of them. They still retain their basic powers after the transformation. The difference is that hollows and shinigami function differently and hollows cannot be "upgraded" naturally. This is more a problem from Kubo not originally planning hollows to transform like they can now than an issue of true merging.

Also, Ulquiorra had several releases; can't these be compared to a shinigami release? I really don't see your problem. There is no claim whatsoever that it should be possible to become a true merge of shinigami and hollow.
    the Privaron Espada are example of those that naturally turned in to arrancar.

ulquiorra i can see as a closeness to what my ideal arrancar would be.

I dont think vizards and arrancar should be exactly the same, that would be dumb, but things dont seem to be equal. i think there should be more similarities.

and ichigo should be the true gray. if he had kept the hole in his chest that would been amazing..and if he would have a resurrection that turned him in to his hollow form i would just die.

i

Yea, I'm just not getting the whole 'equality' thing between Vizards and Arrancar. There's plenty of similarities already between them. Also, there is no trade off when an Arrancar seals their form into the sword because they are clearly more powerful than they were as Hollows when they release again.

It can be compared to like they are in constant shikai when in unreleased form; then they just go bankai when they release. I also think this makes sense in that so far the match-up has been just that, release vs bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    It can be compared to like they are in constant shikai when in unreleased form; then they just go bankai when they release. I also think this makes sense in that so far the match-up has been just that, release vs bankai.
    i guess your right on that part. but to assume they are( for the most part) ALL in constant shikai, seems a bit far. and even then vizards have a one up on them. their masks.

vizards: shikai, bankai, mask.
    arrancar: resurrection and in one case a second form.

if we go by what u said then still vizard are ahead by one. and i dont care about the power gap between a vizard at max power and an arrancar at max. its simply just about similarities.

if arrancar had one more power up ability i would be happier lol.

i really want to see a more complete combination. someone to succeed in what the hogyoku failed at. do you agree or disagree that ichigo may be the person to do so?

Oh, so you were just talking about their powerups? Well I guess if you put it that way, then the Arrancar are behind the Vizard.

I kinda don't agree that Ichigo will be this 'complete combination' though. Because he seems to be one extreme or the other right now, Vizard or Hollow (aka The form that ended up killing Ulquiorra). A Vizard/Arrancar is about as complete as you can get without crossing over to being just Shinigami or just a Hollow in my eyes. And this was what the Hogyoku was supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Oh, so you were just talking about their powerups? Well I guess if you put it that way, then the Arrancar are behind the Vizard.

I kinda don't agree that Ichigo will be this 'complete combination' though. Because he seems to be one extreme or the other right now, Vizard or Hollow (aka The form that ended up killing Ulquiorra). A Vizard/Arrancar is about as complete as you can get without crossing over to being just Shinigami or just a Hollow in my eyes. And this was what the Hogyoku was supposed to do.
    see i think that there should be a more complete being.

because there is that preference to one side or the other their isnt truly a complete blur.

if ichigo still used his bankai and mask and then gains a resurrection that turns him in to his hollow form that was controllable to a degree... as if ogihci and ichigo came to terms. rather then fighting for dominance they shared.

or if ichigo allows ogihci to take over and transform in to his hollow form, but still with ichigo's concious influence. whether ogihci does this willingly or by ichigo giving him something in return doesnt matter, either would work as a resurrection in my eyes.

it would seem difficult for that to occur considering their goals and way about doing things, but someone who had full access to both sides power ups would be the true gray.