Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eXplosiveMind View Post
    Asking if someone knows what Heavy music doent mean i'm butthurt it means that someone might have a wrong idea of what heavy metal is, and in the middle of the garbage you just referenced there must be some things that arent garbage at all, you look like Mikey Rourke in "Wrestler" when he says "Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all. (...)I’ll tell you somethin’, I hate the fuckin’ 90’s."
    Sure the 90's might not have been the best decade in music but does that make all the 90's music garbage? No, at least to me, and just so you know heavy metal aint my genre, hard rock is!
    Clearly you didn't read my posts in this thread before jumping to conclusions because I already stated what you just said in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I consider MF Doom hip hop and not Rap. And yes there is a difference in the two. As far as whole genres, I gave a certain timeline. I just don't like the direction the current music industry is going. I'm sure there may be a few artist I might like. But I'm not going to sit there and waste my time filtering artists as suppose to me sticking with my specific choice of music I do like. So its not ignorant, its a broader choice based upon my tastes.

Clearly you didn't read my posts in this thread before jumping to conclusions because I already stated what you just said in this post.
    in fact i've readed the post.... but it passed by, and i share the same opinion with you, not only about hip hop and rap, but with the all the music industry actually, they are promoting too much garbage these days and the really good things are somewhere out there waiting for someone to find them at myspace or somewhere else... MTV is a good example of that, at least in my country, always showing the same things over and over!

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

It's so funny looking at ppl flaming each other over music.

Not as funny as false accusations. Know what I mean WiSeMaN?

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    It's so funny looking at ppl flaming each other over music.
    Muslim Humor
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    And what will that prove? Asking if someone knows what Heavy music is means you're butthurt because another doesn't like your genre. And I meant that to be offensive because I don't sugarcoat my posts. Heavy metal from 96 and up is fucking garbage. Rap from 96 and up is fucking garbage. R&B from 96 and up is fucking garbage. In order for me to come up with that consensuses, it would imply I listened to songs from the eras I dislike.

Through sampling enough songs, I came to the decision I simply don't like the music from one point in a timeline to another. It just doesn't appeal to my tastes. Maybe you like it and thats fine. I'm not going to question or challenge your opinion, but don't try to call someone out saying they don't know what heavy metal is.

Death of the RIAA? Not for a long ways to go.

I listened to their music. Nas for example I don't like all of his LPs. His first was good. The second was ok as well. The rest were not his style. His fan base can tell you that. But just because you can name a few artist doesn't really mean anything. Just a matter of opinion. What I like may differ from what you like.
    I won't sugarcoat my posts either - You're an idiot mate.

There's about as much relation between music and the year it was released as there is between Pirates and global warming.

There's been some absolutely amazing bands that have come out recently, if you want to blanket ban anything from 96 onwards and thus detrimentally harm your own chances of finding any great new music - Then fair enough. But you're a fool to do so.

And relating to the RIAA, what do you mean not for a long time? Independent record labels are massively on the rise at the moment - Just look at Domino records as a perfect example. Record companies are quaking in their boots as customers go further and further towards piracy, bands are being forced into self management/marketting - this is a GOOD thing.

More people are hearing more music than ever before thanks to the internet, bands are taking off from myspace pages and forum worship (arctic monkeys, periphery) this is a prime time for the musician.

Decidedly Undecided
    Geez...Another moment where a simple question turns into a flame war. I was asking Wiseman what he meant by heavy metal because there seems to be a lot of confusion on the subject. For example, most tweenage girls classify the Jonas Bros. as "Rock". They are not Rock. They are Pop Rock.

Just like one prick actually called Cradle of Filth 'Goth Metal'.

See what I'm getting at?

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Geez...Another moment where a simple question turns into a flame war. I was asking Wiseman what he meant by heavy metal because there seems to be a lot of confusion on the subject. For example, most tweenage girls classify the Jonas Bros. as "Rock". They are not Rock. They are Pop Rock.

See what I'm getting at?
    Yea, i think what I meant by "heavy metal," was goth metal. I don't really listen to rock very much, which is why I probably got confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    You just made my day.
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

T-Pain - I'm in love with a stripper

Right, you know they've definitely ran out of things to sing about when it comes down to this.
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."