Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Define "really heavy metal"...Are we talking Metallica/Megadeth/Killswitch Engage-heavy, or Behemoth/Mastodon/Dääth-heavy?
    idk...All I know is I hate heavy metal that has no lyrics and is just loud. It irritates me as much as gangster rap irritates you.

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    idk...All I know is I hate heavy metal that has no lyrics and is just loud. It irritates me as much as gangster rap irritates you.
    LOL I know what you mean. Sounds like they are gurgling mouthwash on the mic

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Any Rap/R&B/Rock songs from 1996 and up.

I just call shim Negative Nancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    Both completely ignorant statements - I have no idea how people can write off whole genres, its so bloody arrogant.

Hand Banana - Check out MF Doom, his works with Madlib and Dangermouse are especially brilliant.

WiSeMaN - I don't even know where to start, lol

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    Both completely ignorant statements - I have no idea how people can write off whole genres, its so bloody arrogant.

Hand Banana - Check out MF Doom, his works with Madlib and Dangermouse are especially brilliant.
    I consider MF Doom hip hop and not Rap. And yes there is a difference in the two. As far as whole genres, I gave a certain timeline. I just don't like the direction the current music industry is going. I'm sure there may be a few artist I might like. But I'm not going to sit there and waste my time filtering artists as suppose to me sticking with my specific choice of music I do like. So its not ignorant, its a broader choice based upon my tastes.

WiSeMaN - I don't even know where to start, lol
    Well...What do you listen to NPG?

if you guys think heavy metal is just loud music with some guy screaming you are indeed being a bit ignorant, no offense intended.... i wonder if you know what heavy metal is at least...

on a side note, I would love to watch you guys to try and list to some Death Metal, then you will get a new notion of loud and screaming!!!

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    I consider MF Doom hip hop and not Rap. And yes there is a difference in the two. As far as whole genres, I gave a certain timeline. I just don't like the direction the current music industry is going. I'm sure there may be a few artist I might like. But I'm not going to sit there and waste my time filtering artists as suppose to me sticking with my specific choice of music I do like. So its not ignorant, its a broader choice based upon my tastes.
    I couldn't disagree more - The music industry is going absolutely brilliant at the moment. We're witnessing the rise of independent labels and the death of the RIAA.

And man, you don't need to filter - There's sooo much good rap around from recent times. Check out Klashnekoff, Immortal Technique, Lowkey, Nas, 4 names off the top of my head and I don't listen to nearly enough rap!

WiseMaN - All sorts. Bands I've been listening to recently are Isis, Fuck Buttons, Animal Collective, Battles, I listen to alot of DnB/Liquid/IDM, such as boxcutter, burial, martyn, commix, bits of metal ie - my fave band ever is prolly either SikTh or the Dillinger Escape Plan, some rap (or should I say Hip hop?) Tribe called Quest, MF Doom, J dilla.

Just general stuffs.

I just call shim Negative Nancy.

As long as he's not a Choosey Suzie. The actions of a CS are unforgivable.

Anyway, I just cut the lyrics from metal songs where the screaming/lyrics bother me. It opens up ALOT of possibilities.
    Dickriding. Because I appreciate it!
    Spoiler!

"Truth"
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by eXplosiveMind View Post
    if you guys think heavy metal is just loud music with some guy screaming you are indeed being a bit ignorant, no offense intended.... i wonder if you know what heavy metal is at least...

on a side note, I would love to watch you guys to try and list to some Death Metal, then you will get a new notion of loud and screaming!!!
    And what will that prove? Asking if someone knows what Heavy music is means you're butthurt because another doesn't like your genre. And I meant that to be offensive because I don't sugarcoat my posts. Heavy metal from 96 and up is fucking garbage. Rap from 96 and up is fucking garbage. R&B from 96 and up is fucking garbage. In order for me to come up with that consensuses, it would imply I listened to songs from the eras I dislike.

Through sampling enough songs, I came to the decision I simply don't like the music from one point in a timeline to another. It just doesn't appeal to my tastes. Maybe you like it and thats fine. I'm not going to question or challenge your opinion, but don't try to call someone out saying they don't know what heavy metal is.

I couldn't disagree more - The music industry is going absolutely brilliant at the moment. We're witnessing the rise of independent labels and the death of the RIAA.
    Death of the RIAA? Not for a long ways to go.

And man, you don't need to filter - There's sooo much good rap around from recent times. Check out Klashnekoff, Immortal Technique, Lowkey, Nas, 4 names off the top of my head and I don't listen to nearly enough rap!
    I listened to their music. Nas for example I don't like all of his LPs. His first was good. The second was ok as well. The rest were not his style. His fan base can tell you that. But just because you can name a few artist doesn't really mean anything. Just a matter of opinion. What I like may differ from what you like.

And what will that prove? Asking if someone knows what Heavy music is means you're butthurt because another doesn't like your genre. And I meant that to be offensive because I don't sugarcoat my posts. Heavy metal from 96 and up is fucking garbage. Rap from 96 and up is fucking garbage. R&B from 96 and up is fucking garbage. In order for me to come up with that consensuses, it would imply I listened to songs from the eras I dislike.

Through sampling enough songs, I came to the decision I simply don't like the music from one point in a timeline to another. It just doesn't appeal to my tastes. Maybe you like it and thats fine. I'm not going to question or challenge your opinion, but don't try to call someone out saying they don't know what heavy metal is.
    Asking if someone knows what Heavy music doent mean i'm butthurt it means that someone might have a wrong idea of what heavy metal is, and in the middle of the garbage you just referenced there must be some things that arent garbage at all, you look like Mikey Rourke in "Wrestler" when he says "Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all. (...)I’ll tell you somethin’, I hate the fuckin’ 90’s."
    Sure the 90's might not have been the best decade in music but does that make all the 90's music garbage? No, at least to me, and just so you know heavy metal aint my genre, hard rock is!

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!