Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IGN:Top 25 Anime Characters of All Time

IGN recently posted a top 25 list of the best anime characters. I think it's pretty good, I didn't really agree with Astroboy and Speedracer though. I'm also surprised no one from InuYasha is there, maybe Sesshomaru? Anyways, thoughts? Here's the link:http://movies.ign.com/articles/103/1036651p1.html
    "Once the threads of fate are tangled, they cannot be undone" R.I.P Kikyou

Lelouch made it to the list? He was on the bottom though, fair enough for a new character.

I really don't like that Ichigo got a higher rank than the other characters, he shouldn't even make it to the list IMO.

No Mugen? Nobody from Macross? There have been lots of characters, the list is probably not too... meticulous?

Overall, I somehow agree. But there's not much to talk about the list since it wasn't probably conducted very well. The people they might have asked where probably not too diverse.

OT : Can't seem to find the proper word[s] or phrases to make my thoughts shown better, lack of sleep I guess. :3

Goku #1? No problems here for obvious reasons. Anyway, by the criteria they set forth for themselves, I can understand where they were coming from with the picks they chose.

Can't complain about the list, really, it's very subjective. 2 out of 3 main characters in Evangelion is a bit too much, though. I would've preferred RK's Saitou Hajime over Shinji and Rei anyday.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Hell yeah Himura Kenshin got 5th place now thats what im talking bout.

Beer and Music
    Vegeta:
    Before so many others picked up the same gimmick, he was the original unmitigated bastard. When you wonder about the appeal of a Light Yagami or Lelouch Lamperouge, consider that the prince of the Saiyans was a fan favorite years before they came on the scene. Vegeta's so arrogant he reckons himself superior to most of the population of the galaxy, and he'd probably look down at the rest of the universe if he happened to meet anyone from that far away.

He came around a bit, though, which is a big part of his appeal. He never quite became Mr. Nice Guy, but Bulma certainly did her best to civilize the big lug. There's something to be said for a hero with just a touch of a bad guy in him, and by the end that describes Vegeta to a tee.

epic

I barely agreed with any of the entries.
    Kaneda deserves his spot in there, taking on a giant amoeba with just a laser gun, he's hardcore :<
    I won't disagree with putting Spike in there either, Atom and Lupin are vintage classics so I guess they had to go in, but thats it :/

Where's Itoshiki-sensei? Gintoki? Ginko? Keroro Gunsou? Ryougi Shiki?
    The guy didn't write down the top 25 characters, he just wrote down the only characters he knew of :1

Beer and Music
    Yusuke Urameshi should've made it to the top, he was one top notch old school badass, and dont forget about his demon form
    just badass

=/

There are many other awesome characters that have been ignored <=(

Lelouch should've been a tad higher >=|

Wah. =/
    Not really agreeing with how they named it "...of all time"
    Zetsuboushita|ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! «°-°«

of course there are some characters i wish was there, i.e. Yusuke, Sesshoumaru, etc., but i generally agree with most of the characters chosen, but not the order.

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round