Fairy Tail Chapter 156 Discussion/157 Predictions

new chapter out http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/fairy-tail-156/

so-so chapter, the six prayers disappear and we get uber brain/zero. i'm kind of disappointed with zero's personality so far. he's coming off as just another mindless destruction/super powered idiot so far. and just when i was starting to like staff thingy, zero goes and crushes him. bastard...

The anime fails IMO, now the whole thing about the current arc is just too disappointing.

Im interested in how much more powerful he is. Plus he doesn't consider something dead until it has no more physical form and is completely destroyed, what do you think happened to Natsu and crew??? I wish he had a better power though, but then again he is the guild leader. I liked the part where the staff was looking up Lucy's skirt, hilarious lol.

The anime to me is pretty good so far, I really liked that scene where Lucy was coming into the guild for the first time and everyone was fighting, hilarious haha
    A pie in the sky?

That staff reminded me of the umbrella, Lero or Rero or whatever he goes by, from DGM.
    Annoying yet funny.

As for Brain/Zero, another power hungry villain.
    It's boring. Plus, there's not much by the way of plot left for the arc. Just kill/ destroy the villain and be done with it.

As for the anime, I've yet to see it.

I'm enjoying the series currently in a sort of mindless entertainment value way. seems to be formula of:

Mission-->mysterious threat-->confrontaion(fail)-->regroup and info giving-->confrontation with multiple enemies facing off against indiviual teammembers--> Erza/Natsu pwning and everyone else scraping through--> Boss face off --> win --> tea and biscuits for the winners

between this consists of gags and hints at an overarrcing story that hasn't featured enough. So far the missions have been totally unrelated, at least in Rave and Bleach there was more background threats and mystery.

I think we're due an appearance from Luxus' dad as well which will undoubtably be a repeat of the formula just substituting Luxus sr for 'boss' with similar overpowering and eventual victory through the power barrier that occurs in every shounen manga....

am I cynical?

http://kain-abel.deviantart.com/

KAINANDABEL Colour Gallery

Oh noes, blaine is still alive but now as "zero".
    Is natsu still okay? I hope he won't get up and pull out a plot no jutsu on zero. Let someone more interesting fight him instead, like maybe Gerrard since he just made a jump to the good guys side.

And for the anime, it was terrible imo.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Everyones bashing the anime and its only on its second episode. I admit there are some things that dont need to be there like those circles that come up when they use magic but its still early and it can only get better.

Now to the chapter. Well i kind of predicted this happening but i thought the staff would resurect him but oh well.

I really don't want to see whatever ridiculous plot hackery natsu is going to need to beat this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    Everyones bashing the anime and its only on its second episode. I admit there are some things that dont need to be there like those circles that come up when they use magic but its still early and it can only get better.

Now to the chapter. Well i kind of predicted this happening but i thought the staff would resurect him but oh well.
    I kinda liked the circles. Made it seem more like magic and knowledge more than just some random power that you can bust out. Too many of those animes going around now a days anyways
    A pie in the sky?