3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cannibal Corpse - hammer smashed face

1 33.33%
  • Slayer - skeletons of society

2 66.67%

Hybrid View

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar

Mangashare weekly song battle number 8

ELLO guys and gals around, i've taken it upon myself as KING of the bleachtards to keep UP the............

MANGASHARE WEEKLY SONG BATTLE!

and then bands of my choosing ARE!..............

VS

cannibal corpse: an American death metal band from Buffalo, New York,(WHERE IM FROM AND CURRENTLY LIVE!) formed in 1988. The band has released eleven studio albums, one boxed set, and one live album. Although Cannibal Corpse has had little radio or television exposure, a cult following began to build behind the group with albums such as 1991's Butchered at Birth and 1992's Tomb of the Mutilated. Cannibal Corpse reached over one-million in record sales worldwide in 2003,[1] including 558,929 in the United States, making them the top-selling death metal band of all time.[2]

The members of Cannibal Corpse were originally inspired by thrash metal bands like Kreator, and Sodom, as well as other death metal bands like Morbid Angel and Death.[3] The band's lyrics and album art, which draw heavily on horror fiction and horror films, are highly controversial. At different times, several countries have banned Cannibal Corpse from performing within their borders, or have banned the sale and display of uncensored Cannibal Corpse albums

Slayer: an American thrash metal band from Huntington Park, California, formed in 1981. The band was founded by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King.[1] Slayer rose to fame as one of the leaders of the American thrash metal movement with their 1986 release, Reign in Blood, which has been called "the heaviest album of all time" by Kerrang!.[2] The band is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal bands, along with Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth.[3]

Slayer's musical traits involve fast tremolo picking, atonal guitar solos, double bass drumming, and shouting vocals.

Since their debut record in 1983, the band has released two live albums, one box set, four videos, two extended plays, and nine studio albums, four of which have received gold certification in the United States. The band has received three Grammy nominations, winning one in 2007 for the song "Eyes of the Insane", and one in 2008 for the song "Final Six". They have headlined music festivals worldwide, including Unholy Alliance and Ozzfest.

the reason i put these two against eachother is because i have madd love and respect for both, and i wanna read all of juice's post XD

THE SONGS!

CAnnibal corpse - HAMMER SMASHED FACE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBNNFObSM0

Slayer - SKETETONS OF SOCIETY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSZ-0...eature=related

now, my vote. you cant be mad if i stick with the home-town hero CANNIBAL CORPSE! i come from the same place they do, they grew up a few blocks away from me, i've seen them before live and on the streets, shakin hands and signed shirts.

VOTE!
    Last edited by BWORMKING; 10-15-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

Beer and Music
    but why Skeletons Of Society? i mean, its a really amazing song, but Slayer does have better songs.

as much as i dont like cannibal corpse, i do respect them. saw them live and got to drink shots with the drummer, theyre cool as hell, well..not the vocalist, he tries to hard to be this huge fucker, when shit, im taller and bigger than him, and even i dont act like that.

but anywho..i dont know, something about Cannibal Corpse just makes me go, NO, fuck them(their music)..

but Slayer...oh man
    haha..im sure many on this forum know that im a huge Slayer fan, been a fan of them since i was 10,

Tom Araya: "The Voice of Hell", his vocal skills(metal wise) have gone down over the years due to his lungs and such, but he still does it! i dont know how, he just mans up and still does the scream at the beginning of Angel Of Death, his bass playing may not be so technical like many other bands like Megadeth and Testament, but he can play, his bass skills are amazing, and while screaming like a demon, its awesome.

Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman: no joke, THE BEST GUITAR DUO in all of METAL. ive heard other amazing guitar duo's like Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman(and his like, other 20 guitarist.xD), and Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnick, but even these great amazing legendary guitar duo's cant match up to the speed, precision, transition, and timing of Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman. Its funny how many ppl ignore Jeff Hanneman, but HE is just as amazing as Kerry King, both badasses.

Dave Lombardo: well..what can i say about the legendary, Dave Lombardo, The Godfather of The Double Bass. his drumming skills are high up there with Buddy Rich and Neil Peart, as much as he would always say he isn't, oh man..he is, he gone from Thrash Metal to Jazz, Hard Rock, Instrumental, and finally..back home, Slayer, hes what truly completes Slayer, sure, Slayer is about Heavy fast evil riffs, crunching solos delivered by Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman, over the top vocals by "the voice of hell" Tom Araya and his heavy low bass riffs..but the main thing is, the skills Dave Lombardo offered to every Slayer fan out there, the skills of drumming that he would summon behind his 9 - 11 piece Tama Drum Set, it makes him look like a little kid compared to how huge his drum set is, and unlike other drummers who have big drum sets for the hell of it, dave actually uses his who drum set. and yeah, there are faster drummers out there like Inferno from Behemoth or Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater, but Dave Lombardo's fillers done like, in a second of the song are FAST and FUCKING HARD TO DO!!! even now, many experienced drummers cant double bass or do fillers like Dave Lombardo, point is, hes just too good.

There might be many "heavier" and "faster" bands out there(and to come) than Slayer, but, really why are fooling ourselves, we all know, no band will ever be as Fast and Heavy like Slayer, you just can't beat the masters at their own game.

edit: see how badass slayer is? their mere picture scared away cannibal corpse's pic

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    yea slayer does have better songs, but skeletons is one of my faves by them, it was actualy one of the first songs by them that i heard

corpsegrinder has been known to be a dickhead sometimes, i prefer chris anyday. chris has the world record for the DEEPEST voice on earth! that pic flopped cause bandwallpapers.com sucks ass XD CC all day!
    Last edited by BWORMKING; 10-15-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

Beer and Music
    ^ yeah i know, he was being such a big huge dirty douchebag at Mayhem, Alex told him to chill out n stuff