Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fairy Tail Chapter 155 Discussion/156 Predictions

chapter 155 is out http://ieatsoul.com/manga-releases/f...-by-ieatmanga/

really good chapter, erza is MFing awesome. loved the way this fight played out; no natsu, action looked great, and there were no WTF plot moments. best fight this manga has had in a long while imo.

never thought i actually would say this, but damn, the power balance in fairy tail is even worse than bleach

Was just a bad matchup is all. For nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    never thought i actually would say this, but damn, the power balance in fairy tail is even worse than bleach
    I would agree, but the way I see it is Gerad is a GIANT magicfag, and as such his power was a terrible against someone like Midnight who uses the user's magic against themselves, whereas a physical fighter like Erza was a good matchup against him, seeing how she used a combination of magic and physical ability. Not to mention, there's a difference between power balance and intelligence. While midnight's ability may be stronger than Erza's, seems like he was a bit stupid, whereas Erza is intelligent. What is strength if you don't use it well?

I have to say, this was just fucking awesome. Finally a fight i can totally respect the outcome of. Erza was just way too experienced for midnight and found a way to win.

Just great, and most of all NO NATSU!!!

Probably another badguy even greater will show up though and take control so natsu has to fight more... -_- i really hope that's not the case though.

Totally agree with roguedreamer. When midnight turned 'uber'(illusion) i was thinking: owh shit, here goes erza and comes natsu. Glad it didn't happen.

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Im glad they finally showed why erza is an S class mage and why Natsu is only like a B or something. She was great in this fight and definitely deserved that win, she thought it out, made preparations and kicked his ass quick with no messing around. Awesome chapter. I hope Natsu goes on a rampage now and destroys Nirvana, hes only good at breaking stuff haha
    A pie in the sky?

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    i have to say im surprised that no one ever tried just normal hand to hand combat on midnight but whatever.

I also think someone stronger will pop up like that staff dude will transform or something.

I love Erza, but when she was talking about her armor being a weakness for Midnight, I got to thinking how Gray might have been a much more interesting match. He's gotta be Midnight's natural enemy since he barely wears clothes and is pretty good in a fist fight (having scrapped with Natsu for years).

Anyway good chapter, I wonder just how many armors Erza has.

Well, I was right, Midnight's magic doesn't work on human bodies. Erza should have fought naked, though. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Shirude View Post
    I would agree, but the way I see it is Gerad is a GIANT magicfag, and as such his power was a terrible against someone like Midnight who uses the user's magic against themselves, whereas a physical fighter like Erza was a good matchup against him, seeing how she used a combination of magic and physical ability. Not to mention, there's a difference between power balance and intelligence. While midnight's ability may be stronger than Erza's, seems like he was a bit stupid, whereas Erza is intelligent. What is strength if you don't use it well?
    I think Gerrard got beaten because he already lost a great deal of his strength (or MP??? lol) when he cast that self-destruct spell as it was mentioned in the previous chapter. Otherwise, he wouldn't have lost to midnight under normal condition coz he is one of the ten holy great mages. Remember how strong he was during the tower paradise arc? He could move like a jet DBZ style and deliver super fast kick and punches, there's no way midnight could survive against that with her "magic deflector".

Anyway GREAT chapter, yay for no Natsu!
    Also, erza is one of the best kickass female manga characters and her kimono armor looks nice
    Last edited by QXY; 10-14-2009 at 05:41 AM.