Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man vs Wild

Man vs Wild

Man vs Wild is a show about survival. This guy will do anything to survive. He's the real deal. He served twenty years in the Marine Corps. His name is Bear Grylls.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

He gets dropped off in locations where its easy for anyone to possibly get lost or stranded and shows you how to survive while looking for civilization. This show is addicting. He does everything from peeing on his shirt and wrapping it around his head to stay cool, to ringing out elephant shit and drinking the fluids(yuck). Survival can be an ugly thing. Give it a try.
    Last edited by [CiTo]; 10-01-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    LeggoMyWebbo

I wouldn't call it real survival if he has a camera crew. In fact I'm not sure if this really would benefit anyone other than people in the military. Lets see how PETA reacts lol.

If PETA has/had a problem with MvW, it's too late. The show has been on for awhile.

Love how he eats everything that's edible off of anything. Reminds me of local cuisine a lot.

You're right, the show has received alot of criticism because of that. But knowing some of these things could save someones life. I know I learned alot, I think I'd last a few more hours in the wild because of the show than I normally would lol.
    LeggoMyWebbo

I like how he stresses the importance of hydration and maintaining body temperature above anything else. Something which most people would probably neglect.

The biggest problem is that the show gets kinda repetitive. Loved the Will Ferrell special, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I like how he stresses the importance of hydration and maintaining body temperature above anything else. Something which most people would probably neglect.

The biggest problem is that the show gets kinda repetitive. Loved the Will Ferrell special, though.
    I know what you mean, he's even resorted to drinking blood, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Biting the head off a toad doesn't seem like its tasty lol, but to stay alive I guess I'd do it. I'm a fan of the show and Bear himself.

I haven't seen the one with WIll Ferrell =/. It does get repetitive but I watch it on netflix so I skip the ones that are similar to ones I've seen already.
    LeggoMyWebbo

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bear Grilles is the man.
    I watch this whenever I have time.

Cool

bear grills is one badass muthaf*****

I wanna see the will ferrell one, gimme link
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by [CiTo] View Post
    I know what you mean, he's even resorted to drinking blood, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Biting the head off a toad doesn't seem like its tasty lol, but to stay alive I guess I'd do it. I'm a fan of the show and Bear himself..
    I know what you mean, I was kind of disgusted when I watched the guy drink his own piss.

@Wiseman, lol yeah he seemed disgusted when he did it too. I think I'd rather drink my own pee before I drink animal blood, or elephant dung squeezings.

Did you see the episode where he ate the raw goat testicles? lol I can't believe he was more disgusted by that than anything else he eats. He eats scorpions, spiders, snakes, frogs and deer droppings and he gags at goat balls? c'mon lol.
    LeggoMyWebbo