View Poll Results: Which Site is better

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • MangaShare

31 86.11%
  • MangaHelpers

5 13.89%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Whats better, MangaShare or MangaHelpers?

Which site do u like better MS or MH?

In some ways I suppose I do like MH better than MS. Simply because their forums aren't full of pointless threads about nothing.
    But, I also do belive discussions on MS are always better than the discussions on MH.
    So tell me what you think which site is better.

Hard to compare the two, really, I use them for entirely different reasons. MH is where I look for content, MS is where I want to discuss things. MH is a lot stricter on the rules than MS, which makes for a less interesting discussion most of the time.

former mod
    This thread is kind of... cheesy. And really badly timed...

I like cheese and want to see where this is going.

I prefer MS. I really tend to use MH for translations. It's far too easy to fall foul of mods on MH. For example this week I found out that MH has an embargo system on posting after certain series get released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by xXD3THKLOKXx View Post
    Gotta say I prefer MH, though I've never been there. I like the fact thsv doesn't have mod powers there.
    LOL.

2 things I like about Mangahelpers, one deathklok (aka dick richards) already stated above, that thsv doesn't have mod powers there to abuse like he does here , and second it has prolly the best forum software I've seen, so many things automated and running efficiently.

Yet it still is missing many of the things that make MS great, like the black MS theme, wide page format which makes discussions/debates so much easier, it's own awesome scanlating team, binktopia, and the more community feel, with some very smart people.

So I prefer MangaShare. It's like the goldilocks & the 3 bears story, Mangahelpers is much too strict when it comes to creating new threads, Narutofan is much too loose on creating new threads, giving trolls much too freedom, MangaShare is about just right.

If MS were to get a couple of new top manga related themes, add few navigating features from MH software like their control panel, bring back the thanks button, it would be on top of the world.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

I don't recall Mangashare ever having a thanks button. But to answer the question I can't say MH is too strict because I only post in the art sections. Home of Pokefreak if you may. And since Mangahelpers was originally created to handle the overflow for Narutofan, nothing about them is original. Mangashare has lost its flare but I been a fan since the BS Manga days and will continue so. So neither is really better. What you can't do on one forum you can do on the other. With a community of 50-70 members including mods and admins could you honestly say a thanks button would really be beneficial?

I have said elsewhere that I feel a community spirit at MS that isn't at some other places. I still maintain that view.

Problem with over strictness is that it takes out the fun and might discourage posting and or exploration of topics.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I have said elsewhere that I feel a community spirit at MS that isn't at some other places. I still maintain that view.

Problem with over strictness is that it takes out the fun and might discourage posting and or exploration of topics.
    ...Yeah but here at MS, all you have to do is take a stroll in the graveyard section to see how lax it is around here.

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    ...Yeah but here at MS, all you have to do is take a stroll in the graveyard section to see how lax it is around here.
    Finding the right balance on anything worthwhile has never been easy and probably never will be.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !