View Poll Results: Which Doujutsu is the greatest/strongest?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rinnegan

68 60.71%
  • Sharingan

1 0.89%
  • Mangekyou Sharingan

0 0%
  • Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan

36 32.14%
  • Byakugan

7 6.25%
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Naruto The Doujutsu Discussion Thread

This is the one and the only, the alpha and the omega, the one thread to rule them all concerning doujutsus in Naruto manga. This is a database thread & will provide detailed facts and info on the 3 great doujutsus: Rinnegan, Sharingan, Byakugan, and the 2 subsets of the sharingan, Mangekyou Sharingan, Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

Discussion, Debate, Predictions, Thoughtful Insight, Theoretical/Logical Analysis, Asking Questions/Expecting Answers, is all allowed but plz keep it Civil.

I will be updating the first post of this thread often soon as I can, you all can contribute as well by providing manga pages/references concerning each facet of a specific doujutsu.

Well-known users:
    Hyuga Neji, Hyuga Hinata, Hyuga Hizashi

Powers:
    Jyuuken Ryu
    able to see chakra tenketsu points.

Greatest and only Users:
    Rikudou Sennin aka Sage of Six Paths
    Nagato aka Six Paths of Pain

Powers/Jutsus: The rinnegan user becomes the 7th outer path, the heretical path, one who has control over the powers of the six paths, or the six realms of samsara (reincarnation cycle). He has full control over life and death yet is himself not immortal.

Hell Realm (Naraka path): Uses the shinigami King Enma to pass judgement and able to resurrect bodies.
    Demon Realm (Asura path): Missiles, lasers, necromonger head.
    Animal Realm (Tiryag-yoni path): dozens of animal summons including Cerberus (chibi), ox, chameleon, crab, pterodactyl, Panda, Rhino, Centipede.
    Hungry Ghost Realm (Preta path): Fuuinjutsu which absorbs all ninjutsu/chakra
    Human Realm (Manusya path): Abilitiy to read minds in seconds, ability to suck out the opponents soul.
    God Realm (Deva path): Shinra Tensei, Chou Shinra Tensei, Chibaku Tensei, Bansho Tenin
    Nagato (7th path): Gedou Rinne Tensei, Kuchiyose Gedou Mazou, Pain Rikudou, all jutsus from the 6 paths, master of all elements.

Greatest Users:
    Uchiha Madara, Uchiha Itachi, Uchiha Sasuke

Other Known Users:
    Uchiha Izuna, Uchiha Shisui, Uchiha Obito

Transplanted Users:
    Kakashi hatake, Danzou (Root Commander)

Powers:
    Mind manipulation genjutsu
    ability to read handseals and copy certain jutsus.
    Izanagi: greatest user Danzou who used ten sharingan eyes as sacrifices with each eye giving him approximately 60 seconds of protection via the ultimate genjutsu that is used upon oneself in order to change the reality into a dream and vice versa.

Mangekyou Sharingan

Known Users:
    Uchiha Madara, Uchiha Itachi, Uchiha Sasuke, Uchiha Izuna, Kakashi

Madara's MS jutsus: Unknown
    Izuna's MS jutsus: Unknown
    Itachi's Ms jutsus: Tsukuyomi (Goddess of the moon), Amaterasu (Goddess of the Sun), Susanoo (God of Seas & Storms)
    Sasuke's MS jutsus: Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Sasuke has also shown the power to extinguish the black flames of Amaterasu using both eyes. He is also the first to merge 2 Mangekyou jutsus by wrapping the bones of Susanoo with Amaterasu to use as an effective shield. Enton: Kagutsuchi, the ability to control & shape manipulate the Amaterasu flames.
    Kakashi's MS jutsu: Kamui (Power of the gods)

Tsukuyomi: Strongest genjutsu available to a sharingan user, left eye for Itachi, and Right eye for Sasuke.
    Amaterasu: Strongest ninjutsus available to a sharingan user Right eye for Itachi, and left eye for Sasuke. Whenever Amaterasu is used, the eye bleeds.
    Susanoo: Strongest defense/offense available to a sharingan user. Requires mastery of the first 2 MS jutsus, and uses both eyes manifestation of chakra which turns into a guardian deity. Itachi's Susanoo comes with the sword of Totsukano & yata's mirror which give it an almost flawless offense/defense.
    Kamuii: ability to transport anything in the user's field of vision to another dimension.

Also Uchiha Mangekyou Users including Madara, Itachi, Sasuke have the ability to control the 9 tailed fox, Kyubi.

Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan

Known Users:
    Uchiha Madara

Powers: The 3 Mangekyou Jutsus, Unknown if it's same 3 jutsus for all uchihas. Power to control the kyubi, + a 4th jutsu gained by the merging of 2 sibling Mangekyous.
    Madara's EMS jutsu: Unknown but high possibility of being his advanced space/time jutsu
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 08-09-2010 at 03:53 AM.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Finally! A dedicated thread!!! Rin'negan owns, because it was the original Doujutsu!
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

No offense but its really stupid to have options of Sharingan, Mangekyou Sharingan, and Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
    I mean who would choose sharingan over MS. And on top of that what idiot would choose MS over EMS. they just build upon each other. Should have lumped them together since they are connected.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    No offense but its really stupid to have options of Sharingan, Mangekyou Sharingan, and Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
    I mean who would choose sharingan over MS. And on top of that what idiot would choose MS over EMS. they just build upon each other. Should have lumped them together since they are connected.
    Good point. But I'd choose Sharingan over EMS or MS because it isn't hax, and I'd like to be able to turn my eyes on and off rather than have people ask what's with my eyes.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

Cool

because those 2 come at a huge cost and not all uchihas are able to attain those, example, ones without siblings or orphan uchihas. And stop questioning for god's sake before I send you to the moon.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

i still dont think we saw what the Rinnegan was fully capable of. nagato died with out giving all the answers to what the rinnegan is. and even if he did inform us on how he used it, i still think that how he used it wasnt to its full power. after all he couldnt do a jutsu as well as Rikudou Sennin could.

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-Sama View Post
    Good point. But I'd choose Sharingan over EMS or MS because it isn't hax, and I'd like to be able to turn my eyes on and off rather than have people ask what's with my eyes.
    You can turn off MS and EMS. Sasuke and Kakashi don't always have MS on. Also Tobi isn't shown with EMS constantly so....

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    because those 2 come at a huge cost and not all uchihas are able to attain those, example, ones without siblings or orphan uchihas. And stop questioning for god's sake before I send you to the moon.
    Not the point. I meant in the poll. Which doujutsu is the greatest/strongest.
    MS is a stronger version of Sharingan, EMS is a stronger version of MS. Not saying discussing them separately is dumb, but having them all in the poll is pointless.
    Only an idiot would choose sharingan or MS over EMS.
    Although I predict at least 15 people will do so.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Poll isn't really needed since the only real contenders so far are EMS and Rinnegan, but I'll take my EMS please. I can spam my MS moves with no adverse effects on my eyes. And I can still use the regular Sharingan if I so choose. So I kinda agree with blueiris's view of each level of sharingan as an option in the poll, it isn't really needed. EMS is the best of all the sharingan levels.

Rinnegan: I can master every element and I can get that Hax Gravity ability too (Shinra Tensei). I'd probably stay away from Gedo Mazo though. Ain't tryin to get those black rods in my back.

Byakugan: I can see through everything, I can see ridiculously long distances (at least 10 Kilometers in all directions for Hinata), and I get a Hax fighting style to go with it.

It all sounds pretty good to me, but the sound of spamming Itachi's Amaterasu, Susano'o, and Tsukiyomi with no ill effects besides chakra consumption is too good a draw for me. So yea, I'll be taking my EMS.

Naruto can Tank Amaterasu
    rinnegan.
    the manga said it was the best, even without showing all of it's abilities it's been shown to be above sharingan and byakugan, i mean i would take the ability to control life and death any day over having to kill a loved one and steal just so i can spam black fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Inu-Sennin View Post
    rinnegan.
    the manga said it was the best, even without showing all of it's abilities it's been shown to be above sharingan and byakugan, i mean i would take the ability to control life and death any day over having to kill a loved one and steal just so i can spam black fire.
    i like how you put it ^_^ i agree

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!