Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Decidedly Undecided
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,247

    EA Paying off reviewers

    Did anyone else hear about this? EA recently sent $200 checks to people for some reason(I forget what exactly). Sounds to me like they're buying off critics.

    Ready, Set, Discuss!

    (sig by Cross)

    my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

    Proud Grammar Nazi

  2. #2
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    This has been done for quite a while. There was a fiasco for a reviewer quitting because of that reason a couple of years ago.

  3. #3
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    /ligthearted_tone Never ever ever start a thread by saying "ready, set discuss". EVER! (kidding around, but no seriously don't do that)

    Now that that's covered, I'm going to need a little more information than that. You're assuming that because EA has sent out several checks of small amounts of cash that they are bribing reviewers. This is a fallacy of irrelevancy as there is nothing connecting that fact and the conclusion you made besides the logic in your mind. That's not to say it's impossible, but I need to see more.

  4. #4
    どうしてこうなった! Sangaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    2,003
    How else would they get anything except shitty reviews? :1
    EA games are mainstream garbage that constantly have their contents recycled every year.

  5. #5
    Scanlator [Cross]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfuzzy View Post
    /ligthearted_tone Never ever ever start a thread by saying "ready, set discuss". EVER! (kidding around, but no seriously don't do that)
    He's been doing that for quite a long time now.

    Anyways, I agree with Sangaz, they're just wasting their money in the end, it isn't like their games are any good.

  6. #6
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    So you've finally discovered the reason Madden gets an awesome score every year while just being recycled gameplay with new graphics and rosters? Bravo!

    But seriously I can't remember the last time EA made a good game. They will redeem themselves slightly solely because of Brutal Legend but I can't give them much credit since the just salvaged the IP.


    Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

    Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

    MyAnimeList MyMangaList

  7. #7
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    So you've finally discovered the reason Madden gets an awesome score every year while just being recycled gameplay with new graphics and rosters? Bravo!

    But seriously I can't remember the last time EA made a good game. They will redeem themselves slightly solely because of Brutal Legend but I can't give them much credit since the just salvaged the IP.
    Well, there's Crysis and Mass Effect. Although recycled the Command and Conquer series is also there, but it's being "awesome" is a matter of genre preference.

    But yeah, the majority of the stuff they spew out is recycled mainstream trash.

  8. #8
    Persona Lover Wizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    1,005
    Dead Space was great. Other than that, I agree with everyone here.

    Also, don't every company do that? I mean pay one or two big reviewers to give them high scores?

  9. #9
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Well, there's Crysis and Mass Effect. Although recycled the Command and Conquer series is also there, but it's being "awesome" is a matter of genre preference.

    But yeah, the majority of the stuff they spew out is recycled mainstream trash.
    Ah that's right. I consider Bioware completely separate from EA myself. I was basically referring to any game with EA Games stamped on the front. Bioware itself is absolutely fantastic.


    Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

    Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

    MyAnimeList MyMangaList

  10. #10
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    This has been done for quite a while. There was a fiasco for a reviewer quitting because of that reason a couple of years ago.
    Yeah I remember that. I think it was either Kane & Lynch or Army of Two that got trashed and the publishers weren't happy so they threatened to cut advertising to the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •