Defence Devil ~ Youn In-Wan and Yang Kyung-Il

Guys you gotta check this series out! Only 21 chapters have been released so far but its just so good i love it, its all i want in a shonen: action, cool power ups, amazing art, and comedy sprinkled in. Check it out! ieatmanga do the current scanlating and boy do they do a good job.

Heres a synopsis:

"People die everyday. But what happens when you die? Do you go to heaven or to hell? Then, what happens when you go to hell? Thats where a devil advocate comes in. Before you get dragged to the pits, he/she makes a contract to defend you in exchange for the devil essence that surrounds your soul after dying."

Oh i should add that it might take a few chapters to grow on you like it did me - it seemed a bit cliche shonen at the start but im really into it now

Veteran Member
    I would definitely recommend this awesome manga... (but then again, as a translator of it, I might be a bit biased. )

From the names of the authors this is manhwa, right?

OMG i read the one-shot for this like 8 months ago and i never thought it would turn into a series but thankfully I am wrong!!! o and btw are these the two guys who made Shin angyo onshi??

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    From the names of the authors this is manhwa, right?
    It's weird, it's actually more of a manga than a manhwa. It's written in Japanese, not Korean, and released in Japan...The drawing style isn't manhwa-ish at all, either.

Veteran Member