Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I stopped listening to english dubs around episode 70ish as thats where they ended when I started getting into Naruto.

I never really looked back much and I dont care for the english dubs to be honest as they sound annoying compared to the Japanese voices I'm use too.

With it being on disney makes me think its going to be highly censored another reason I dont care for americanization because god forbid american children should see what japanese children see for they heads might explode.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

generally, things run on american tv are always more censored than when they were originally run in Japan. That's just the nature of american television. I think Disney, like someone mentioned, is trying to expand their demographic a bit. How bad the dubbing and censoring to teh Naruto Shippuden series is going to be heavily affected by what time slot they're going to be running it. The same thing happened to cartoon network, the animes they would run on Adult swim, before comedy shows took over, were far more graphic than what was run in the afternoon or saturday mornings (yes, I watched the entire Toonami run, back when it first started until they stopped the program block).

Make no mistake, it will be pretty bad; how bad it will be will just depend on when they're going to run it.

Banned
    and as 2012 approaches

notice that signs like theses are poping up everywhere naruto on disney lol im waiting im waiting

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    Ye, we're f*cked.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

Don't care about dubs, but since "Disney XD" looks like Disney making a smiley face with crossed eyes, I'm gonna say "It's gonna be bad."

Cockney Geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Don't care about dubs, but since "Disney XD" looks like Disney making a smiley face with crossed eyes, I'm gonna say "It's gonna be bad."
    Totally, I'm completely against it being disney-ised.

Look what the western world did to Dragonball-Z, horrible dubs and recently they produced a flowing river of diarrhea with Dragonball-z Hollywood movie. It stunk from beginning to end.

If they were to produce a hollywood movie, they'll make the entire series into one movie, hire the harry potter actors and OMGosh my head wants to explode in disgust!!!!

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    God, I still can't get that One Piece English Dubbed on my head. It's like a nightmare when I heared Buggy and Ace..
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    Most of you might not care, but I found this piece of information really amusing: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ippuden-in-u.s

It seems Disney XD (Formally Toon Disney) has acquired Naruto Shippuden and will start airing it next month. Your thoughts? (I'm still laughing too much to form my own opinion right now) Though I will say this, which is that it's funny how Disney is starting to take not-TV-Y7 material such as marvel and Naruto. Many people are starting to forsee an armageddon.
    lol

I was bitching about how since Jetix had become Disney XD in the UK we'd lost Naruto just the other day. It'll be interesting to see how much editing they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Cockney Geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    lol

I was bitching about how since Jetix had become Disney XD in the UK we'd lost Naruto just the other day. It'll be interesting to see how much editing they do.
    Take for example, Kimimaro. His ability is bones coming out of his body, his spine comes out to become a sword/whip. How on earth are you going to edit that?

When Gaara kills the umbrella ninjas, and blood comes out... they'll change that to sweat?

True, we'll tell the kids that Kimimaro is in the forbidden part of Naruto... and their curiosity for disobedience will ... I guess we all get the picture.

I just really worried about Hollywood stepping in.

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    ... What the hell are they gonna do for Hidan?!?! Or the rant between Naruto and Sai about Naruto being a little short on manhood?!

..... Hidan likes extreme body piercing, and he's a satanist...... "So! You do have a tiny brain!"....

Seriously, they're gonna fuck this whole thing up!!!
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!