Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Naruto Naruto Shippuden Dub on Disney XD

Most of you might not care, but I found this piece of information really amusing: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ippuden-in-u.s

It seems Disney XD (Formally Toon Disney) has acquired Naruto Shippuden and will start airing it next month. Your thoughts? (I'm still laughing too much to form my own opinion right now) Though I will say this, which is that it's funny how Disney is starting to take not-TV-Y7 material such as marvel and Naruto. Many people are starting to forsee an armageddon.

Not affecting me since I'm not living in the US but I wish you luck that the english dubs are better than the german ones!

Um... wow. Why couldn't Adult Swim just pick it up or something? I'll watch it in the beginning but if it gets edited to hell and back I'll just stick to the manga like normal.

Who knows, it might not be edited to hell, notice that they might be aiming at higher demographics (with their acquisition of Marvel) so this might boost up their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    Who knows, it might not be edited to hell, notice that they might be aiming at higher demographics (with their acquisition of Marvel) so this might boost up their efforts.
    I have seen the first four dub episodes on DubHappy.com, I made a thread about it a couple months ago, but they did a pretty good job on the dubbing. But Shippuuden on Disney XD doesn't feel right to me.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Cool

wait, so cartoon network doesn't have the rights to the dubs anymore? Dammit I don't have disney xd. I don't mind disney showing them but CN better pick it up soon too, that's where I saw it originally and that's where I got hooked.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

The ongoing trend in CartoonNetwork now seems to be to abolish all anime (with the end of toonami and lack of anime shows during the morning/evening hours). That is also showing up in adultswim since they only have two series that are showing new episodes and all anime has been reduced to a Satuday Midnight schedule, that being said, we probably won't see naruto on there any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    wait, so cartoon network doesn't have the rights to the dubs anymore? Dammit I don't have disney xd. I don't mind disney showing them but CN better pick it up soon too, that's where I saw it originally and that's where I got hooked.
    No I don't think Cartoon Network have the rights to then anymore. But don't worry Rokudaime, you can always watch it on YouTube if and when someone uploads it. You know someone will, probably.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

No offense but anything japanese anime thats dubbed to english sounds horrible, if they can do a better job good if not i will just stick to the subs and manga.

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan360 View Post
    No offense but anything japanese anime thats dubbed to english sounds horrible, if they can do a better job good if not i will just stick to the subs and manga.
    Code Geass dubbed in english is far better, Lelouch's voice actor is the same guy who dubs Ichigo. His voice as lelouch really brings out his maniacal nature.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto