Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by [CiTo] View Post
    Every once in a while (about every 3 months) I watch an ep. just to see if maybe they up the quality of the animation and everytime it gets worse. Why do I still have hope?

    Spoiler!
    This episode's animation was pretty good imo.

    Spoiler!

  2. #22
    Global Moderator Jaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,836
    Good episode! Finally get to see Konan and Pain in the anime. Didn't like how they showed Madara's sharingan eye through his mask, didn't look right. But good episode. Next week their continuing from where they left off from this week, so no fillers yet for those who are wondering.

    Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

  3. #23
    tenten>uchiha Niceeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    425
    episode was great, but i don't like the anime coloring, i don't know why but it's lame :(

  4. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    218

    Bleach

    I noticed something strange while watching this episode --

    Madara's conversation with Pain

    Madara: His eyes will surpass Itachi's...
    Madara: The time has come. He must be ready as well.
    Madara: After all, he doesn't have much time
    Pain: Then what about the nine-tails?

    It seems pretty obvious that Madara is referring to Itachi when he says "he must be ready" and "he doesn't have much time". Further proof is that Pain asks who will get the nine-tails in response (it was Itachi's job).

    However, in the manga the conversation is like this...

    Madara: His eyes will surpass Itachi's...
    Madara: The machine is ripened. His mind is made up...
    Madara: It won't be long
    Pain: Then what about the nine-tails?

    Previously I had wondered who Madara was referring to. Does this mean Madara was referring to Itachi in the manga as well? Which would mean that Itachi is the "ripened machine". Wtf??

    The only thing I can think of is that "the machine is ripened" must have been mistranslated from "the time is ripe" or something

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpopo2k2 View Post
    I noticed something strange while watching this episode --

    Madara's conversation with Pain

    Madara: His eyes will surpass Itachi's...
    Madara: The time has come. He must be ready as well.
    Madara: After all, he doesn't have much time
    Pain: Then what about the nine-tails?

    It seems pretty obvious that Madara is referring to Itachi when he says "he must be ready" and "he doesn't have much time". Further proof is that Pain asks who will get the nine-tails in response (it was Itachi's job).

    However, in the manga the conversation is like this...

    Madara: His eyes will surpass Itachi's...
    Madara: The machine is ripened. His mind is made up...
    Madara: It won't be long
    Pain: Then what about the nine-tails?

    Previously I had wondered who Madara was referring to. Does this mean Madara was referring to Itachi in the manga as well? Which would mean that Itachi is the "ripened machine". Wtf??

    The only thing I can think of is that "the machine is ripened" must have been mistranslated from "the time is ripe" or something
    I believe he means Sasuke is "ripe" in the manga.

    In the anime I just take it as the time has come for them to fight, and Itachi is ready for the confrontation.

    Either way there's no major difference.
    "I'm like the sun, I'm trying to shine on everybody"
    Spoiler!


    Spoiler!

  6. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWanderer View Post
    I believe he means Sasuke is "ripe" in the manga.

    In the anime I just take it as the time has come for them to fight, and Itachi is ready for the confrontation.

    Either way there's no major difference.
    Why does he call Sasuke a "ripe machine"?

    Either it is a mistranslation, Itachi, or
    Spoiler!

  7. #27
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    It could be a Japanese idiom. Look at the other translations in Mangahelpers.

    I don't really see any need to take any deeper connotations from that one remark.

  8. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    It could be a Japanese idiom. Look at the other translations in Mangahelpers.

    I don't really see any need to take any deeper connotations from that one remark.
    I know, but this episode just reminded me about it, and no one seemed to know what Madara was talking about at the time. Do a google search on "machine is ripened" and you'll see what I mean.

    I'm not so sure about that being an idiom, as google searches don't bring up anything relevant. Surely it would have been translated on at least one other occasion if it was an idiom.

    After reading some alternate translations just now, it seems the correct phrasing is probably "the time is ripe" as I suggested earlier.
    Last edited by mrpopo2k2; 09-04-2009 at 04:35 AM.

  9. #29
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,513
    I love the pace of the anime its chilling to think we are already here in the anime the curtain has been raised the big revelation has been shown at last eh?

    Just imagine where we will be this time next year ( If you talk about it use spoiler tags)

    - I like how they explained in greater detail how Suigetsu understood that Manda was summoned and he was using Sasuke's blood to summon.

    - Also When Kisame said he would mourn for Tobi and Zetsu said he must be bored I lol'd !!!

    - Konan sounded sexy



    - You know usually I dont complain too much about animation quality but why does Pain and Konan look so cheaply animated in thier big reveal scene that was one of the most epic reveals.

    - Also something I almost fell out of my seat laughing so hard, did anyone else notice that when Madara finshes his big scene he turns around and seems to skip like a girl before dissapearing in a flash of light.

    - Next episode will be a good info epsiode with a build up to the next big event!!! The part I have wanted to see animated for some time now its just around the corner ^^.


    Oh yea they better can this Sha la la Op crap I want some bad ass male ( no offense ladies ) testosterone filled bad ass intro by some bad ass J-rock band like Asian kung fu generation. We have had 2 girly songs back to back its killing my mojo....


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Rift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,334
    Hey I like this current intro ;_; ....... SHA LA LAAA, itsuka kitto, boku ha te ni surunda ...

    Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •