Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hey, I love Disney movies. I think they're fine. But I also love my Marvel being Marvel-ly. Not Disney-ey.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsu View Post
    Spider-Mickey, your friendly neighbourhood mouse with the ability to crawl inside walls and swing from cheese. God this will be akward.
    Spider-Mickey could work...

...just kidding. Hmm...I was pretty shocked when I read the first post too. And the first thing I thought was that Disney will mess up everything. But on the other hand, the staff can't all be stupid people. If they properly assess the situation and the fanbase then they really shouldn't make any adjustments in terms of censoring etc. They can focus on the theme parks and movies, but I agree that they should leave the comics alone.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

In the middle of recession disney just whips out 4 billion dollars like it aint no thing ...... Someone might take Mickey Mouse hostage for ransom with those kind of numbers.

I havent read Marvel comics in years but to be honest they could use some originality as the stuff is getting old. This is why I like Manga over comics because eventually they end and then a new series comes out forcing originality.

Where as comics just regurgitate the same characters for 30 years it gets boring after awhile. So maybe this will be for the greater good.

Time to step your game up Marvel!

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    In the middle of recession disney just whips out 4 billion dollars like it aint no thing ...... Someone might take Mickey Mouse hostage for ransom with those kind of numbers.
    Isn't the recession over, though? I'm pretty sure most of Asia's been out of it since the second quarter, I'm surprised the US still isn't.

As long as they only give financial support and don't try to take control by sending their guys with no experience in the comic business to be Marvel Comics new editor-in-chief I'm okay with it, oh yeah and definitely not changing stories to make Wolverine's favorite movie Liloh and Stitch.

''Brother running with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!''

I think Disney just owns Marvel. So basically it became a subdivision. I'm pretty sure Marvel will still be able to do their own thing.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Isn't the recession over, though? I'm pretty sure most of Asia's been out of it since the second quarter, I'm surprised the US still isn't.
    Sadly, our President thinks that throwing hundreds of billions of dollars at big business will solve everything. Sadly, our President doesn't know that that's what started(not directly) the Great Depression in the early 1900's. On the plus side, War will break out, as always, and we will then have new material for Marvel! It's a Win Win situation.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Sadly, our President thinks that throwing hundreds of billions of dollars at big business will solve everything. Sadly, our President doesn't know that that's what started(not directly) the Great Depression in the early 1900's. On the plus side, War will break out, as always, and we will then have new material for Marvel! It's a Win Win situation.
    Do you have any clue what your talking about?
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

He's partly right, the Great Depression wasn't completely cured by the social reforms of the New Deal (which is what your president is partly trying to do). What really cured the Great Depression was World War II. The amount of employment it created and government spending it used pulled the USA back to the status it had before the Stock bubble burst.

I sure hope as hell it doesn't need another war to pull you out of recession.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    He's partly right, the Great Depression wasn't completely cured by the social reforms of the New Deal (which is what your president is partly trying to do). What really cured the Great Depression was World War II. The amount of employment it created and government spending it used pulled the USA back to the status it had before the Stock bubble burst.

I sure hope as hell it doesn't need another war to pull you out of recession.

Well doing nothing would be worse as the problems would only deepen which is why Obama stepped in.

I'm still up for taking Mickey Mouse hostage ...Disney would fork over a couple billion for his release at least.

Anyways I'm not sure this will change anything over at Marvel altho I'm one of the few people that wish it would. I stopped reading Marvel comics because I got tired of the same old drama over and over again . Give us some new stories with fresh characters as much as I like X-men I think its time to move on 30+ years is long enough.

Could you imagine if DBZ was still on going for 30 years it would be stale by now.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you